Monday, April 5, 2010

Let's Celebrate

The fact that I'm blogging about this shows to me that I'm progressing on the journey of life. After Wyatt died and for a long, long time these kinds of things just seemed so trivial to me. I was in too much pain and sorrow to even think that this would be fun or something I would want to bring into our family life. Well, I'm finding more and more things that I'm enjoying again and more and more fun projects that I want to do and bring into our home. I'm going to share some of these ideas just in case you want to do the same.

This "Let's celebrate" board is was one of those ideas I saw on a blog but I changed mine a little. The one I saw was a chalkboard. I really hate chalk, the feel of chalk and the mess of chalk so I decided to just get an old 8x10 frame(that has glass in it) and print up "Let's Celebrate" on the computer and put it in the frame. I added a strip of ribbon to separate the top with. I then use a dry erase marker to write on the glass. I'm sure I could have spent more time coming up with something cuter but it works and serves the purpose of what I wanted it to and it really only took me 5 minutes to print up and put in the frame. I did spend some time painting the frame but if you have one you already like then it will take no time at all. The font I got free on an amazing blog. Click here for the link. The kids have sure enjoyed celebrating their big and small accomplishments. It's been fun to see some of the things they have written on it as well...some of which are not celebrations but fun any way. "LET'S CELEBRATE!"

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Everytime I read one of your post I realize more and more that you are my hero and I need to strive to be more like you. You seem like you really get it. From your church talks, to your dates with the kids, to Love Jars, and celebrating life. You are an amazing daughter of God. Your children are lucky to have you for their mother.

Elyse said...

Oh my goodness! I love this! You've always been my crafting hero and I'm so excited that you are posting your new projects! Thanks!

Unknown said...

you are soo creative & I love that. Keep it up super mom! Thanks for sharing those talents that you have... with all of us! I might just have to try some of these! Thanks.

love jess