Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ironing Board

I've struggled for years now on where to put my ironing board. I've had it in my closet and it has been such a pain. Always falling down and getting in the way. I've tried to think up a solution for years now and never came up with anything until I saw this idea of hanging it from hooks and putting it behind the door. Perfect! Of course I had to put my personal touch on it...bead board. One of my most favorite things is bead board...it's everywhere in my house. My sweet husband used a scrap of bead board, framed it with some flat pieces of wood and put the hooks on. Needless to say I LOVE IT! It just goes so well with the rest of my laundry room and I love how convenient it is for me now. So beyond thrilled to have a home for my ironing board.


Got the hooks at Home Depot. The perfect place...behind the laundry room door.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute! I do think it's amazing that even your ironing board cover matches your walls...:-)

Jen said...

How UN-surprised are you to know that I have the same ironing board!!! Just got it a month or so ago. Mine though, still stands on the floor in my closet bugging me! Love the beadboard as well--wish I could cover my entire house in it. Love you sweetie!

Bridget said...

I love it. I'm thinking I need to do something about mine, too. It leans against the wall in the laundry room and often slips down.

Neener said...

great Idea Andrea.!!!!

Rebecca said...

I love this idea! Can you tell me how the frame is attached to the wall? Is is just through the hook screws?

Thanks!

Andrea said...

Rebecca:
My husband attached the ironing board through the screw holes on the hooks. Hope that helps.:)

Madonna said...

I love this idea, I'm going to buy the hooks tomorrow

Amber said...

Can you please post the paint color of this room? Love!