Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"I love to see the Temple"



The song "I love to see the temple" has been the lullaby that I will sing to my kids at night. We also sing it in the car whenever we drive past a temple. I've always loved the words and I've wanted to instill that song into my kids minds because isn't that our main goal in life to do the things we need to to make it back to our Heavenly Father in the celestial kingdom. The temple is our way back. When I left in the ambulance to go to the airport in St. George we drove out and the St. George temple is right there. As we drove past the temple and I was looking out the window at the temple the most overwhelming feeling and thought came to my mind...."Families are Forever" no matter what happens families are forever. An incredible amount of peace came to me. This was right after I had watched my little baby go into cardiac arrest. I kind of knew then that he might not make it. We got to the St. George airport and flew for about 1 hour to the Salt Lake Airport. They then put Wyatt on Life Flight and I went in a cab to Primary Children's Hospital. The cab driver drove me right past the Salt Lake Temple. I then had that same feeling and the words come to me "Families are Forever" and the peace came to me again. St. George and Salt Lake temples are my favorite temples and to see them within an hours time was amazing. I think Heavenly Father was preparing me for what was to happen.
How grateful I have been for the temple since Wyatt's passing. The peace and spirit I've felt there has been incredible. I'm feeling and learning new things each time I go. I'm so grateful that we live so close to such a beautiful temple and that I can go and get the comfort and peace I need to make it through another week without my Wyatt. I don't know what I would have done without that added peace and comfort. "Our family is forever."

6 comments:

Jenna said...

I love that you had these spiritual moments of insight. Heavenly Father was telling you that. He does love us so much. I hope that Peace still fills your hearts and minds, even though everyday is such a challenge. He is such a cute little man. I am thinking and praying for you guys.

Jill said...

Isn't it amazing how the Lord prepares us for trials? I for one know that you were prepared. You're strength is incredible!

Neener said...

I will have to email you the experience I had after Tanner died. It was 11 days later and my husband has had a hard time going ever since. I think it is hard to face the truth when it hits you in the face sometimes.

Natalie said...

I love the temple too! It's amazing to look back and see the Lords hand in all things! Thank you for the great reminder, we are so blessed to know that Families are Forever!!

Linda Pickles said...

Thank you so much for your blog. The comments from you and from others are all inspiring. YOu have been granted strength and insights, not only for you, but for others. We all love butterflies and think of Wyatt each and every time!
How grateful we are for eternal families and for the temple which promises us great blessings.
As I read your comments, my thoughts also went to people I'm missing. Lois's birthday was last Sunday, and Mom's is coming up, and I'm really missing them as well as Dad and Joan. I'm confident they are all together having a wonderful time, and little Wyatt is also with them. That gives me great comfort. But that doesn't mean that I don't miss them and think about them all the time. Some day we'll all be reunited as families.
I, too, love to see the temple and remember blessings made there. That is where we get the peace we all need, no matter what our trials are.
God bless you!
Our prayers are with you.
Love,
Aunt Linda

Lisa said...

Thanks for reminding me about how important not only my family is, but how blessed we are to have a temple this close to us. You are loved!