Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Music

I can't even express how grateful I have been for music the past 2 months. I've always enjoy music but now there is so much more meaning in it for me. I have found great comfort from so many songs. Many of the Hymns have comforted me and given me added peace and strength. One of my favorites is " I know that my Redeemer lives." It has always been a favorite but now it means so much more...He lives to wipe away my tears... He lives to comfort me when faint..... He lives to hear my souls complaint....He lives and loves me to the end...He lives to calm my troubled heart.... He lives to bless in time of need...He lives and I shall conquer death....He lives my mansion to prepare....He lives to bring me safely there....HE LIVES!!!! How grateful I am for my Savior I know he lives.
Each morning Hay and I try to go walking and I will listen to my i-pod shuffle. Yesterday, I put my i-pod on random and just hoped something would come up that would comfort me. Well, Josh Groben's song "To where you are" came on. It was another of those sweet tender mercies I receive each day. I walked and cried and listened. I've added that song to our blog.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you figured out how to put the music on your blog. I'm so glad you recognize the comfort the Lord is giving you. Thank you again for your post.

Jill said...

I love that song! Wow Andrea! I'm so glad you recognize those small (even if they seem quick) blessings of comfort. That's why you are so amazing! To be able to recognize that is a gift I believe you were foreordained to have to help you through this hard, but very special trial. I'm so glad you have this blog so we can know how you're doing more regularly. I love you "Aunt Annie!"

drans007 said...

I haven't noticed how gentle and fitting the words are to I Know my redeemer lives. Another very inspiring LDS artist is Cherie Call. All her CD's are at the library, or on iTunes. Thanks again for sharing and next time Haley isn't awake yet, we're pretty flexible to go later, if you want.

Eileen said...

Robyn gave me your link. I hope that's OK that I read your tender words. Thanks for sharing. I hope I never have to learn these hard things your way, but your words are very helpful to me. Much love and hugs from the Workman's.

Lauryn Pearl said...

Andrea I love you so much. And I'm so grateful that you put together this blog so i can keep in touch easier. :) I love your family so much! You guys really have taught me so much and you continue to do so... hope to see you guys soon!

Vance in the Knight! said...

Andrala, im so glad your doing this blog!!! so far, it is amazing!! i think that blogs are a genius thing because you get to keep up with what is going on with loved ones who are away from you.
i just want to thank you for your strength!! through this whole thing you have been so strong. i've gotten to see your amazing testimony in action and mine has grown a TON from it. i learn so so much from you and reading your blog is just helping me learn even more!! i've only come on a few times and whenever i read one of your entries, i forget about all the crazy things that i worry about and take time to appreciate the gospel, your wonderful family, and family in general. Its so amazing how you appreciate the little things like butterflys and music and take meaning from them!! Butterflys are my new favorite animals! i'm learning to try to enjoy the small things of life as much as you do!! your blog helps me to slow down and think logically....which i need in my wierd teenage life!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i can't even tell you how much i have learned and come to appreciate. i've found that i value my cousins more and want to make more memories, and take pictures and stuff. i loved holding wyatt and now i regret turning down pictures whith him. i love your family so much and i wish that we could see more of you guys!! your kids are amazing and you so are you and derek!! me and jill were just talking about how lucky we are to have an aunt like you who is so strong and is able to take this whole experience and teach us all about the gospel, stay positive, and still be a great mom. i love you so much and thanks again!!! keep up the blog its great!!