Friday, April 23, 2010

Chair

Before....

After.....

I love what white paint can do. I got this chair at DI a little while ago for 10 bucks. It was dirty and gross but I knew white paint and some new fabric would give it the makeover I wanted. I needed a chair for my laundry room where my sewing machine is. I've looked for a long time for a deal and was so happy when I saw this one. I really like how it turned out. I've got a couple of other fabrics that I'm debating on using for the pad but I think this one works best with the colors of my laundry room. I'm loving how my laundry room is turning out. I will post some pictures of it soon. I sure enjoy making something that is old new again.
The old door behind the chair is from Derek's grandma's house. We are going to make a headboard out of it for Emily's room. I can't wait to see how it turns out and I LOVE the fact that it came from his grandma's house. That just make it's even more neat and special.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

I LOVE that! Can I have it?

Elyse said...

That's adorable! I love the detailing on the chair. You make me want to learn to sew!

Neener said...

I love it! Even the aged look you gave it.
I am so glad you are finding joy in these projects.
Take care.