Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

We had a nice and enjoyable Easter spent together as a family. We especially enjoyed Conference and all the wonderful talks on eternal live and the resurrection. We gain great hope from that knowledge.

Our Easter traditions have changed somewhat since Wyatt died. I think this is my most favorite holiday. It's the holiday of hope for our family. Since Wyatt's death I've wanted my kids to truly understand the significance of Easter and what it's all about. Though I enjoy the Easter bunny we have really tried to focus on the true meaning of Easter. At our home the Easter bunny comes on Saturday so that Sunday morning we can spend at Wyatt's grave. We have a picnic breakfast at his grave. We talk about those things that mean so much to us. We talk about the resurrection when we will hold Wyatt again. We talk about our Savior Jesus Christ and all he has done for us. We sing "I know my Redeemer Lives" and testify to our kids what we know is true. We talk about Wyatt and remember him. We talk about the importance of trying to do our best so we can be there when Wyatt is resurrected. We talk and just enjoy being together at such a peaceful place.

Last year and this year there have been birds chirping and the sun shining. It's how I would picture resurrection morning being. It's been beautiful. We then get the "Love one Another" jar out and read the nice things we have written about each other. I'm grateful for the inspiration that has come to me for creating these new traditions. If anything I hope my children will know the true meaning of Easter and how important it is to us more than ever. We love our Wyatt and miss him and look forward to the day when we will hold him again. Because of our Savior Jesus Christ we have the hope of such a day. Here are many pictures I took of our day on Saturday and Sunday minus the egg dying and kite flying I've already posted about.


The table all set for our yummy Easter dinner and the tulips I picked from our garden this morning. I love flowers...what a shocker. I think I've posted about them for the past month. :) I just have to take pictures of them. I think that is one of the ways I truly enjoy them.


Hayley came home from preschool this week and I just had to take a picture of our cute bunny.


Flowers that someone put on Wyatt's grave...I'm guessing my sweet visiting teacher.
They were so beautiful in the morning sun.



Our "Love one another" jar.

Cinnamon rolls. Our picnic breakfast at Wyatt's grave.
The kids ready to find the Jelly beans the Easter bunny left on Saturday morning.








On Sunday night we do a small Easter egg hunt in the backyard. Here are the kids ready for the hunt. I still wonder how it would be with a 2 year old...oh, the lost dreams. Tyler doesn't like having his picture taken so I don't have very many of him. I think it's a teenager thing that hopefully he grows out of.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I really love the first flower best. The color is amazing.