Monday, September 22, 2008

Surprise Balloon Release

There are just too many pictures and things that I want to record from Wyatt's birthday that I'm going to do separate posts for each of them. I will begin with what happened Saturday morning.
We have the most amazing neighbors and friends. Words just can't describe the feelings of love and gratitude that are in my heart for all they have done for our little family. Saturday morning I woke up not knowing if I could make it through this weekend. I wanted to crawl back in bed and cry. I was feeling so alone in my grief. I knew I couldn't stay in bed --I needed to make this weekend memorable for my kids. My visiting teacher had called me Friday night and said she wanted to come over with a few others to bring something for me at around 10am. Little did we know that so many of the wonderful friends and neighbors that we love were in our front yard all with balloons to release in memory of Wyatt. It was what I needed so badly! Words can't describe the feelings of love that filled me. Fillings of deep, deep gratitude filled my heart that they would remember our sweet Wyatt. I really can't describe in words how I felt--it was simply amazing. These wonderful people are the ones that knew our little boy the best. They saw him each Sunday at church and throughout the many days we had our Wyatt with us. I felt the comfort and strength that I had been praying for and I know so many others had been praying for wash over me with great power. I knew then that I would be able to make it through this weekend and it was going to be an amazing one. Thank you neighbors and friends for all the love, support and kindnesses you have shown our family. We love you! Here are a few of the awesome pictures our friend Boyd took.

Thank you LaDawn for organizing this for us.This is what I saw. I was overcome with emotion.Friends and neighbors we love.The balloon release up to heaven.




Em with her friends






How do we thank you for doing this for us? I just don't have words to describe the gratitude and love I feel. It was a little bit of heaven here on earth. THANK YOU EVERYONE!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! That is so neat! Great pictures! This one made me cry instantly. I'm so glad your neighbors were there for you and that it turned out to be such a special weekend! I love you guys!

Robyn said...

Andrea,
I am crying a big pot of tear soup! Amazing pictures! I hope you put them all over your house. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your weekend. I hope it wasn't too difficult. I am so glad your neighbors did that for you! I am waiting to watch Good Things Utah! I love you!

Robyn said...

I forgot to mention...I LOVE YOUR HAIR! You look great!

kerraandrichard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kerraandrichard said...

Andrea,
You don't know me but I want you to know my thoughts are with you today. I watched good things Utah this morning and as Angie told your story I couldn't help but google Wyatt's name. The results came back with your blog. As I sit here waiting for my precious 5 month old to wake up from his morning nap you have helped me put things into perspective. Our heavenly father loves us and he most certainly has an enternal plan for us. Things could change in one instant. My house is dirty and it will still be that way tomorrow. I can't imagine having to go through what you have. Even though we don't know each other my thoughts are with you today as Daughters of our Heavenly Father.
Thank you
Kerra
Holladay, UT
www.kerrandrichard.blogspot.com

kerraandrichard said...

I just realized that you probably know Teea and Ben Lamb and their sweet Kynslee. I am good friends with Teea. What a small world.

Neener said...

This blog brought me to tears. Your picture of your reaction to all the neighbours with balloons outside your door was breath taking. Sending you lots of love from Canada.

Koko said...

What a beautiful blog and a beautiful, but sad (not ultimately) story. What lovely, courageous people you and your family are. I just stumbled onto this whilst looking for lyrics to Orrin Hatch and Janice Kapp Perry's rendition of this song. I'm so glad that I did as your story has touched my soul. May you still feel the arms of the Comforter around you. I know that your son is very near to you and that he must be so special to have been called home so early. Still, it's a hard loss and my heart and prayers are with you. kim