Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Interchangeable flip flops


I saw this idea on "Make it and Love it" and decided it would be a fun project for Emily and I. We bought the flip flops at Old Navy for $2.50. We then bought a couple of ribbons and some Velcro. We used a lot of stuff that I already had which is always a bonus. I did buy the epoxy glue that was recommended so the Velcro stuck to the flip flop. It's been fun to interchange the flip flops to match different outfits. Way up Emily's alley. She LOVES them. We made a pair for Hayley and she LOVES them as well. It's been a fun project that has gotten us excited for summer. It was simple and fun. Click here if you want the instructions on how to make some for yourself. :)










5 comments:

Bridget said...

way cute

Elyse said...

What an awesome idea! Holy cow-I can't keep up with all your fun crafts!

Lisa said...

So cute! I love the first flower photo, too--is it made out of t-shirt fabric? I need to do this with my girls!

Eldredge Family said...

I am so HAPPY that you are doing crafts and taking interest in those things. It gives me hope that one day I will be there! Right now I see things that are cute but I really have no desire to do anything about it! I know this part is temporary but sometimes it feels like it might last forever. I am so proud of you and thrilled that yo are making things! I loved the celebration board! I was glad you shared your thoughts about that! I totally copied your filing system! My husband was so proud of me for finally taking control of the mail that had been unopened in over a year! Thank you for sharing all of your milestones and accomplishments! I hope you have a great day!

Neener said...

Hey, I love them.... I like the ones with the flowers and gem in the middle so darn cute.