Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fair

This summer Emily took a couple of sewing classes. She made lots of fun stuff. One of the classes she made this darling quilt. We entered the things she made in the county fair a couple of weeks ago and she got lots of blue ribbons and $25. She was excited and used the money to buy Macie a leash. It was a fun event that I think we will plan on doing each year.

I was so proud of her and how this quilt turned out. It was not an easy project. She did such a great job.
All the things she made.
I entered this picture of Hayley and received a blue ribbon and some money. Now I wish I would have entered more things. I guess I will have to wait until next year.

Tyler spent a lot of time this summer figuring out how to do web pages. He made this one for his history fair project last spring and is now wanting to make a web design business. He is so smart and we are so proud of how he can learn anything by just working hard at it. I look forward to seeing all the incredible things he will accomplish in his life. He truly is an amazing kid and I feel so lucky that I get to be his mom.

3 comments:

The Holland Family said...

I love her quilt, what a talented girl. It looks hard. Good job!

Julie said...

Wow! That is amazing! She is seriously talented! And that's awesome you won for that adorable picture too! And Holy COW!!! Cutest puppy EVER! She is so cute! I bet the kids love her! I am a huge dog lover! AGH! She is just so cute!! Hope you guys are doing well!

Gedge's said...

Gorgeous quilt! That girl has talent! Hope you are all doing well...