Sunday, August 1, 2010

Let's celebrate....

My kids gave me one of the greatest presents I think they have ever given me. This was written on the celebration board when I got home from girls camp.

They had cleaned the entire house. Derek had to come up to girls camp for the bishopric night and so we left the kids home to tend themselves(with a neighbor close by if they needed her) and while we were gone they cleaned the house. I was actually kind of dreading what I might find at home being away for so many days and knowing they were taking care of themselves a lot of the time while Derek worked. I was not looking forward to the fact that I would have to spend the next few days doing laundry, unpacking and cleaning the house. Well, when we got home at midnight the kids were at the door waiting to show me their big surprise. They had been working for 4 hours cleaning. I was beyond excited to see the house sooooo clean. It truly was spotless. They had moped all the floors, every ounce of carpet had been vacuumed(even the stairs), all the bathrooms had been cleaned, the dishes were done and the dishwasher going. Every room in the entire house was spotless. It was the greatest gift ever. I was so happy and they were so excited to show me their hard work. I was so proud of them and it brought me great satisfaction knowing that they truly do know how to clean a house. I've wondered for so long if all that I've been trying to teach them was really working...well, this just showed me that it has and I was one proud mamma. Thank you kids! You are the greatest kids in the world. I feel beyond blessed. And thanks to my sweet husband who gave them the idea. :) Truly for me a spotless house is to be CELEBRATED!

3 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Wow!! I'm so impressed... your kids are awesome!! What a thoughtful and sweet act of kindness!

Lisa said...

So lucky!!!

Alison said...

I always say that my most favourite presents are the ones that money can't buy...like kids doing something so special for their mom, something they know she would really appreciate and their reward is to see how happy they have made her. This is so lovely (and very much like my kids too.)