Thursday, February 10, 2011

Genius

I wish so badly I would have thought to take pictures of this but I didn't. Since I get this blog printed each year I want to try a little better this year of recording some of the things that happen around here to help us remember them later on.

About a month ago our 14 year old decided he would fix our laptop that had died many months prior to this time. He had spent time online trying to figure out what was wrong with it. He decided ne day to take the thing apart. I had no idea how many little screws and little parts were in a laptop. He had the office full of parts here and there. I wondered if he would be able to put it back together because I know there is no way I could do that. He worked on it an entire weekend researching and figuring out what might be the problem. He tried a bunch of things but they didn't work. He then found a you tube video that gave the instructions of putting the mother board in the oven...seriously???? At that point I'll be honest I figured our laptop was going to be the girls play toy. How could putting a part in the oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes fix it? Tyler had researched and figured out that some how it would melt something that would then stabilize it and fix it...something like that. So, he did it...put the mother board in the oven for 10 minutes and then he put the laptop back together...which was not an easy thing. It took him hours to do but he persevered and guess what it WORKED! A total miracle in my eyes. Then I realized once again that our son has some extra ordinary abilities and is pretty stinking smart. Way to go Tyler...it's been so nice to have that laptop working again.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Tyler is so talented! I am so impressed with him in many ways.