Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wyatt's Bench

It's finally in and absolutely perfect! Our hearts are full of deep amounts of gratitude to everyone that made this possible for us. Words truly can not describe our feelings right now. When we look at his bench we think of all those that sacrificed and donated all they did so we could have the perfect memorial for our little boy. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
When I first saw this quote I knew I wanted it on his bench. It summed up our complete feelings and I wanted my children and future family to know of the testimony we have that yes we can be an eternal family and through our Savior Jesus Christ he has made that possible. I wanted this as a reminder of the hope we truly have that one day we will be together again.
Our 4 kids.
Forever ours...until we meet again. I added this because the song "God be with you until we meet again" has been a great tender mercy for me on countless occasions. I know Wyatt has been able to communicate his feelings to me through this song. It has been played at moments I've needed including a miracle day 1 year after he had died when miraculously Hay turned on the CD player and this song came on. It wasn't even number 1 on the cd but 11. Truly a miracle in my eyes and it was definitely something I needed to hear at that moment on that day. It was a message of hope from my youngest child.
These are his cute little foot imprints. I had stamped his foot at age 2 months to put into his scrapbook. They were able to copy them and engraven them on his headstone. I would have never thought that when I was stamping his feet that day that instead of them going into a scrap book they would be going on his headstone. Simply unbelievable!
The back again sums up our greatest goal. These are the words from his obituary. I hope that our posterity will look at this and realize what is important in this life and strive with all their might and strength to do those things that will qualify them for eternal life so that we will not have any empty chairs in heaven. Wyatt has filled his and it's our goal to fill ours as a family as well.

14 comments:

Neener said...

Your post about your bench is so beautiful. I am glad you finally have it.
All your posts are wonderful to read. You are an amazing woman and mother. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Lisa said...

PERFECT. I am so happy for your family! Love you!

Eileen said...

That song on your blog brings the tears every time I visit here.

BEAUTIFUL bench!

Jill said...

I'm sitting here crying... It is absolutely perfect. Everything about it I love. Andrea and Derek, you have 4 wonderful children. We sure love you guys. I'm so happy it's finally in and I can't wait to come visit next time I'm down there. We love you Wyatt!!!

Candi and Skeet said...

That is gorgeous! I am so glad it is finally in!! Love it!!

Bridget said...

Love it!

Felipe and Erika said...

Andrea I especially LOVE the back of his bench. I love that you included a family picture and the words at the bottom are beautiful. Wyatt is blessed to have such a thoughtful family and I am sure he KNOWS you will be together forever:) It is such an amazing bench I love how much meaning you were able to put into it:)

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

I absolutely love this, the bench is perfect. You have touched so many peoples lives and helped our testimonies grow through your blog. I sure love you Andrea. Thanks for all of your wonderful thoughts.

Robyn said...

Absolutely beautiful! You are amazing. It turned out PERFECT! Can't wait to see it in person.

Melissa said...

It looks so beautiful! I'm glad you have it in. Your family is beautiful.

Teea Lamb said...

I love it! It's perfect! So glad you have it!

The Ulrich Clan said...

Wow...It's beautiful! You wrote to me on my blog a few years ago and gave me some information about Adonis Bronze...which I have since been able to share with someone else in need. Thank you for that information. We have truly loved the bronzed hand cast of our little man. And I can't wait for my friend to recieve the brozed hand of her little boy. I've since thought about you and your family. Your post brings joy to my heart. Like you I KNOW that this is not the end...and like you I want so much for my other sweet children to KNOW that there is life after death, that we can be together forever and that we WILL see Waylon again. Thanks for sharing.
Sarah

Anna said...

What a beautiful tribute! I am tearing up looking at the bench, reading the quotes, and gazing into the eyes of your sweet angel.

Unknown said...

Hello my name is leeandra. I am now a young widow due to a senseless crime.my husband was recently murdered and I have been looking for the perfect headstone. I understand your circumstances and I hope that I don't sound rude but I love the way your bench is made. can you please post information on where you purchased yours from. please and thank you