Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Tree of Love

Wyatt's hat he wore on his first and last Christmas on this earth. I cried many tears last year as I found it and I cried many more this year. I think that will be how it is each year as I put it a top his tree.

I really struggle when words just don't seem to adequately express my feelings. My heart is full of love and gratitude when I go into Wyatt's room and look at this tree and all the beautiful ornaments that so many of you sent us. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank each and everyone that has contributed to this amazing tree of love. That is what I call it because it radiates LOVE. Love from so many incredible people in my life and in my families life. THANK YOU! As the girls and I put on each ornament we reflected on the person that had given it to us. Tears came to my eyes as I thought of each of you and the gift you have given us. I feel so blessed to know that each year as Christmas time rolls around I will be able to put up this amazing tree of LOVE and think of each and everyone of you that contributed to it. Along with all the tender mercies that I've received from so many of you. I have added a few pictures of the ornaments I received after Christmas last year. Again, words truly can't express the love in my heart for the sacrifice that so many of you made to add an ornament to Wyatt's tree. "The Tree of Love."
My friend Julie sent me this ornament last March. I had searched and searched all last Christmas and after Christmas trying to find the perfect ornament that expressed the love between Wyatt and me. I never found it but I believed it was out there somewhere and some day I would find it. Well, when I opened this gift from my friend, tears rolled down my face because it was the ornament that I was looking for. It was the perfect representation of the love Wyatt and I have for each other. It was the newest ornament from the willow tree collection and had just come out in March. No wonder I didn't find it. I truly believe Heavenly Father gives us tender mercies like these. I feel like this entire tree is a tender mercy to bless my life and my families life each year as we continue to miss and ache for Wyatt.





The butterfly Emily found this fall. Emily suggested we put it on the tree. Love those tender mercies in my life.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I'm SO glad I was finally able to see that tree in person. I love it! That is such a special room in your home. It feels...holy. Like I told you before, there is a special feeling in your home. Can't explain it but I'm sure Wyatt helps with that. :) Love you Andrea! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel the spirit extra close with you this season.

Marc and Megan said...

Wyatt's tree is so beautiful. He is a beautiful boy. And, he has a beautiful mother. I hope you feel his love wrap around you throughout the month, as well as the love of so many others, like me. Always thinking of you. Love you lots!

Gedge's said...

What an awesome tree.. It is perfectly decorated. I love the pictures of Wyatt on the tree. So special. Thanks for the wishes yesterday. It meant a lot to me. I hope you have a wondeful holiday season, with your little angel close by.

Sheila said...

Thankyou for sharing that beautiful tree !
This is my 3rd Christmas since Gary passed to Glory & each one gets harder...& yet, YOUR words are soothing/comforting...
Many many thanks & blessings to you & yours...

Julie said...

I love you! I am so glad you loved the ornament! It is perfect isn't it! What a beautiful tree! You are an amazing mother! Hope you guys have a great holiday this year! We just got your Christmas card! I love love love the sweet butterflies each of the kids are holding in behalf of sweet Wyatt! Love you!

Julie said...

I love you! I am so glad you loved the ornament! It is perfect isn't it! What a beautiful tree! You are an amazing mother! Hope you guys have a great holiday this year! We just got your Christmas card! I love love love the sweet butterflies each of the kids are holding in behalf of sweet Wyatt! Love you!

Bartel's said...

Such a beautiful tribute for your beautiful Wyatt. Such inspiration & dedication he brings to so many. For someone so little he is doing such big things! I hope you have a happy & healthy Christmas & New Year.
~Kristi