Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fun/Run




It's a little after 3am and I'm awake. Hayley actually woke me up a couple of hours ago. I hate it when that happens because it's so hard to go back to sleep because then I start to think and when I think I start to feel and then the tears come. Tonight there are an assortment of tears--tears of gratitude, tears of grief, tears for the future without Wyatt being in it, tears of not being up in the middle of the night because I should be feeding Wyatt, tears for the void in my life, etc. etc. I decided to finally get up because I could tell this was not a night that I would be able to go back to sleep. I had felt overwhelmed all day with gratitude for the wonderful family that I've been given. Many of those wonderful and supportive members went to the fun/run in memory of Wyatt. As a grieving mother whenever anyone remembers your little one it touches your heart beyond description. I checked my e-mails and found these pictures from my sweet niece Jill. Tears are streaming down my face as gratitude fills my heart for all the love and support I've received from so many. Thank you everyone that went and represented us and were there in memory of Wyatt. I love you all!
I'm also deeply grateful for this group and other mothers I've come in contact with that have lost a child. How helpful it is to know there are others out there that know the pain, sorrow and grief. Thanks to all of you that have shared your thoughts and encouraging words with me. I don't know what I would do without the support I've felt from those mothers that really know what it's like to lose a child. Here are some pictures from this amazing event. Addie in front of Wyatt's poster Jakey with a Wyatt headband and the shirt from the run. Lauryn, Jill and Addie with "Wyatt" balloons tied to their ponytails.

Shanna ringing the bell in memory of Wyatt and releasing Wyatt's angel balloon.


9 comments:

Eileen said...

Andrea-
I'm so glad you have the support and love of the other moms that have lost a child. You are in a club that I hope to never belong to and I could never truely understand your pain and grief. My heart continues to ache for you, but it is just completely impossible to know or comprehend how YOUR heart must ache. You and your friends are all "Angel Moms." God has a very special calling for each of you.

The Fun/Run looks like an event with some special memories.

Much love and hugs,
Eileen

Jill said...

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in events such as the fun run! It was a sweet memory for all who were there. I'm so glad you have that group. It is full of amazing people who I was able to meet yesterday. God does love you. That is definately apparent to me.

Robyn said...

Andrea-
I thought of you all day yesterday, wishing that I could have gone to the fun/run. I am so glad that some of your family went. Your family is so sweet. I hope you have a butterfly Sunday!

Natalie said...

I'm so glad I was able to go do the fun run! It is something I will always remember and I want to do it every year. I love you Andrea!

Neener said...

I have been thinking of you. It is hard to live so far away but please know I was with you in spirit. You are a blessed woman of God and your son is smiling down upon you. Sending you lots of love.

Bartel's said...

Just thinking about you.
Looking at the previous posts with the pics of your little girl,...she is just a doll! (as all your children are)
Hopefully tomorrow will be a wonderful day. Hang in there.

Kristi

Eileen said...

How sweet of Kaylee. I can just picture her face when she said it. You are exactly right about a childs sincerity (sp?)

Em said...

Andrea,
Your family was awesome! I loved the blue kerchiefs in honor of Wyatt. The poster was awesome, and Wyatt was definitely remembered. We hope you can make it next year, but truly, our thoughts were with you last Saturday. It was overwhelming to see everyone there, especially your group!
Heart hugs,
Emily

carolyn q said...

Though I missed not having you there, it was awesome the support from family that could be in attendance to support you. I so hope next year you can make it. We had an IHH Board Meeting today and the date for next year's Fun Run/Walk will be Saturday, Sept. 12, 2009 at the same park in Provo. I would like to see us release butterflies next year in memory of all our Angels.
Please know I care deeply for you.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley
Angel Hope's Mommy