Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Comfort"

Wyatt on his blessing day.
Thanks to all of you for the comforting words you have given me. It helps so much to have such wonderful support from so many of you. Thank you! Today I got the comfort from the spirit that I've been seeking for quite sometime. It came to me as I was listening to some church music in the car while running a few errands. The most amazing and overwhelming spirit came over me letting me know that it's going to be OK. That forever is so much longer than this life and that is how long I'm going to have my Wyatt--FOREVER. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost and the comfort I've received. When Wyatt was in the hospital and when he passed away the spirit was so incredibly strong. It's comforting hand was with Derek and I the entire time. It stayed with us until after the funeral. It was an incredible experience to literally feel the sustaining power from on high. Now I have a moment here and there where I feel this same power. I'm so grateful each time I feel it. I'm so grateful for the prayers of so many friends and family. I feel them and appreciate them more than I can say. Thank you everyone!
3 Nephi 12:4 "And again, blessed are all they that mourn, for they shall be comforted."
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
1 Nephi 21:13 "..for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted."

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Andrea-
I am so glad you had that experience. I am sure it was an answer to prayers from many, many people. That is such a sweet, sweet picture of Wyatt! Congratulations on making it 6 months-I've been thinking of you and sending extra prayers all day. I love you!

Eileen said...

I warms my heart to hear you had a better day! I have loved your honesty through your posts. Thanks for opening your tender, honest heart to all of us. You never know who you will affect and inspire. Today, it was me. Much love from to Top of Utah to the Bottom of Utah!

Jill said...

John 14:18 is one of my very favorites!! I know it's true Andrea! I know you know it in a very real way. What a blessing! 6 months...wow! I'm sure at times it feels like a lot longer, but keep it up. I think you're doing incredibly well in this process. You're so expressive and honest and it helps so many. Thank you for your testimony and faith. Love ya!