Saturday, September 27, 2008

Little Reminders

Today I went out to get the mail and returned with a letter from our insurance company. It was addressed to the parents of Wyatt Lewis Larsen. I thought oh, another medical claim coming our way. When I opened it I started to cry. This is what it said "Happy Birthday to your one-year old....as part of our congratulations, we are providing you with an immunization schedule." Didn't they know he is gone? They processed a million medical claims on him. Didn't they get the message that he had died? I just didn't need them reminding me of what I don't have anymore. It's those little reminders that hurt. I keep getting Huggies coupons in the mail. I cry every time knowing I won't ever get to buy diapers again. It hurts to walk by the children's department at the store and know that I won't be getting the latest baby gadget or cute outfit for my one-year-old. I keep finding little things of his whenever I clean out a drawer, cupboard or closet. It's just hard--every little reminder that he is gone hurts and makes my heart ache and long to have him back. Someday compensation will come and I will get to experience and do all those things I long for right now. Someday.....

7 comments:

Amanda and Larry said...

Andrea you are so amazing! It will be such a great day when you get to be with him again. Thank you for your example of strength and faith!

Jill said...

Now I have another reason to hate insurance companies! Through those hard times, that you know so well, just know that we love you and think of you often. Andrea, I'm here if you need anything, even if it's just to vent. Love you!

Gedge's said...

Andrea,
Having just gone through the same thing ( those darn Huggies coupons) I know how hard it is. I do the same thing. I look at little boys and wonder would they be Taylors age, would Taylor wear that and like that same toy. Time truly does soften the pain. I know that your arms ache to hold your little one and I know the day will come when they will be full again with your sweet Wyatt. I'm sure that he looks down and admires his mom for being so strong! Hang in there.
Julie

Eileen said...

Oh Andrea. I hope you let them know of their error and how it hurt you. It might help another mother from having to receive the same sad reminder.

Neener said...

Diddo! Hang in there eventually 2 yrs down the lane it will end... oh no it won't it happened again to us on Saturday night. Oh well, just "carry on" right? Take care.. I always got pampers coupons.

Melissa said...

Andrea,
I am so sorry! Those are the worst! I remeber two years ago the pediatricians office called me to schedule an appointment for Elaine so she could be ready to start kindergarten. It caught me so off gaurd that it took me a minute or two to be able to tell the person on the other end, that I wish I could get her ready for Kindy, but that she had been gone for two years.
I then asked her to please make sure her file noted that she was no longer here, because it was just so hard to get all the reminders. I am so sorry!
Melissa Andrew

Natalie said...

I hate insurance companies. That right there is the gist of how much they really care! I love you though, and I'm sorry life can be so insensitive.