Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Wyatt's Second Mom"

My sweet daughter Emily was truly Wyatt's second mom. Before he was even born she and I spent so much time shopping for all the things we needed for our new addition to our family. It was exactly a year ago that we were doing this. She helped me pick out his clothes, diapers, bedding, blankets etc. She was so excited to have a baby that she could help take care of. That's just what she did.

She was also excited to have a birthday buddy. Tyler and Hayley are both born in November and she was excited to have Wyatt born in September the same month as her. She got to share her special day with Wyatt when she got baptised. He was blessed that same day.
She couldn't go past Wyatt without picking him up. He would be just fine playing with his toys and she just couldn't resist holding him. She would pick him up, talk to him and then bring him to me. There were countless times that I would be busy making dinner or doing something and she would hold him and walk with him so I could get something done. She was always such a help to me. She never liked to hear him cry and would pick him up as soon as he would fuss just a little bit.
She showed such compassion and love to her little brother. He was so spoiled because he had such a loving sister that just couldn't get enough of him. I have the most pictures of Emily holding Wyatt. The other day I got the video camera out to see the very last pictures I had of Wyatt and it was Emily holding him while we watched Hayley dance. I have a really long shot of me trying to get Wyatt to smile. Emily was lovingly rocking her little brother back and forth. He loved his big sister so much and she loved him.

My sweet Emily has the kindest heart. She showed that kindness to her little brother each and everyday of his short life here on earth. He was one lucky little boy. We now talk about how fun it's going to be watching him learn to crawl, walk and talk in the millennium. It will be a glorious day for me as well as Wyatt's second mom--Emily.
This picture is one of my favorites. I can't even remember what I was doing something for Christmas. Wyatt was really tired and fussy. The only way he wouldn't fuss was if someone would walk with him. Emily walked with him a good 1/2 hour until he finally fell asleep in her arms.

7 comments:

Leanne said...

I am so sorry about last night, I was so onry, and it was one of those nights that it didn't matter if mom had plans, the kids had their own agenda. I can't tell you of the times that since Wyatt has passed on, I have felt so guilty and frustrated, because I am a totally nut case with four kids, it is so overwhelming to me, and I am convinced that you are so much more organized, and it's hard, like last night, I was a mess, the house was a mess, and my kids were out of control! I am so grateful for your posts, they give me strength, strength to thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity I have to be better, I am learning this year that I have to step it up, and become better, and it is friends like you that make me want to be a better mom, anyway, I am so sorry I didn't mean to ramble, I am just so sorry, I have always tried to hide my caos from other people, but last night was enough to make me realize I need more structure. I was so ticked that because of my disorganization, I had to give up my workout, the one thing I love!!!!

Jill said...

Those are such sweet pictures! Emily is a sweetheart! How neat that she enjoyed her brother each day of his short life. That's a blessing to you and her. I love Em!

Marc and Megan said...

Those photos of Emily and Wyatt are so precious! You can see the incredibly special bond they share. How precious their reunion will be! I can't help but think of how her arms (and yours, too) must just ache to hold him again. You have such an amazing family, Andrea! I'm so glad to have a glimpse into the beauty of your life. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Natalie said...

Em is such a sweetie! She is sweet to everyone. Those pics of her and Wyatt are so precious! Love you Emie!!

Neener said...

such sweet pictures... I love the one of her at Christmas time.

Amanda and Larry said...

Andrea-
I haven't had internet for the past week and a half or so. So today right after class I went to the Student Athlete Building to read your new blogs. I hadn't seen the last 4 or 5 posts so I was really excited to read them. I loved this post so much. Emily is such an amazing girl. It made me so happy the other day when she called me to ask me questions about getting nails (I hope I didn't say anything you didn't want me to say ha ha). But it really did make my day. She is so fun to be around! She's gotta be so happy that she has so many pictures with Wyatt! Lucky girl!

Aaron and Tori Swank said...

This post made me cry. Thank you for sharing these things...
thinking... "the depth of the fall and the weight of it all."
That weight seems heavier when I think of the little ones lost to us. And my thoughts turn to Genesis 3 ... and the pain that came after.