Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Lucky"

This was the first documented smile I took of Wyatt

Last week while we were up north we attended the temple. I'm so grateful for the peace and comfort I feel there. While we were waiting for family members in the celestial room I watched another family as they waited for their daughter to come into the room. It was her first time at the temple. You could see the excitement in their eyes as they waited for her. The happiness and joy was almost tangible.

This scene brought a picture into my mind of when Wyatt left this earth. I'm sure there were many people that were anticipating his arrival. He must of been excited to see them again because he left very quickly. I'm sure it was a great and wonderful reunion. One I wish I could have been a part of.

I came across a quote the other day by President Brigham Young he says:

"We have more friends behind the veil than on this side, and
they will hail us more joyfully than you were ever welcomed by your parents and
friends in this world; and you will rejoice more when you meet them than you
ever rejoiced to see a friend in this life; and then we shall go on from step to
step, from rejoicing to rejoicing, and from one intelligence and power to
another, our happiness becoming more and more exquisite and sensible as we
proceed in the words and powers of life."
As a mother that gives me great comfort knowing Wyatt is being taken care of by so many wonderful people that are in the spirit world. I just think of the amazing grandparents from both sides of our families that are with him. He is in good hands. Knowing this comforts me but I still wish he was in my hands. I miss him so much.
I started thinking about how Wyatt gets to be there when each of our family members returns to the other side. What a "lucky" boy. He will get to experience that joy and rejoicing again and again. I'm sure when Derek and I leave this life he will be the first one there to greet us. What a sweet reunion that will be. He has gone to prepare a place for us.

10 comments:

Jill said...

That is a really neat thought! Interesting to think of what Wyatt may be feeling, doing, and anticipating right now. He is a lucky boy! We were lucky also to have him for the short time we did huh? Thanks for your insight! love you!

Robyn said...

Andrea,
You are the most amazing lady! It is truly a privilege to be your friend. I can't wait for that sweet reunion. Thank you for sharing your testimony through your blog-you are awesome and I love you!

Elyse said...

I've never really thought of that before. That is so nice to think about! I really liked that quote. Are you going to be home the end of this month? We will be coming there then. We'd love to see you guys.

Eileen said...

We are so lucky to have a little piece of Heaven here on earth. The Temple! Thanks for such a sweet post.

jel-gar said...

Everthing you write brings a smile to my face and a feeling of gratitude to my heart for the beautiful knowledge we have of the Gospel and its promises and blesings. You find some amazing quotes that I know are tender mercies in you're life and then you share them with us and we feel that same love that only comes from a Father who knows us individually. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Sincerely -Janelle

Jill said...

I LOVE your backgroud and set up by the way! Tyler is pretty great huh?! :)

Dottie Stay said...

That is so comforting. I have never heard that quote. What an exciting thing to know.

Suzanne said...

Wow, your Tyler sure knows his stuff around here! I love your header too!

I love this quote, I'm going to put it in a post. What a wonderful thought.

Thank you for all the different angles that you have looked at this trial, and thanks for sharing them. You are so uplifting Andrea. I am so happy to know you, my blogger friend!

Gillian said...

I love Wyatt's smile. He truly is lucky--to have such a wonderful mother and family. It is good to think about how happy he must be now, surrounded by so many who love him. I try to remind myself of that when I am missing my Zachary so much.
I'm so glad you got to the temple--it's the best place to get some perspective on our trials. I often think of the joyous reunion we will have one day in the Spirit World. How I wish I didn't seem so far off.
Thank you for sharing this reminder that for our sweet boys--they are happy and safe and surrounded by love. There is comfort in that.

Natalie said...

Wyatt is lucky! He is lucky to have a mom like you too and I am so grateful for your thoughts and insights. I loved hanging out with you and your family this weekend. Addie cries everytime she thinks about not being able to play with Hayley like she got to while we were there. Love you!