Thursday, August 14, 2008

"The Painting"



I saw this painting at Costco a few months ago and it took my breath away. The instant I saw it I thought of Wyatt. I really think this baby looks a lot like him. The baby in this painting looks about the age Wyatt was when he passed away. Wyatt was at that age where he was grabbing at everything. So, to see the sweet little hand in this painting trying to grab his mothers hand and his other hand grabbing his foot reminds me so much of Wyatt right before his death. I don't have any pictures of him the few weeks before he died so I guess the reason this painting touches my heart so much is because it helps me remember my Wyatt right before he passed away. I also loved that the mom was touching his feet. As you can tell from many of my posts I really enjoyed Wyatt's little feet. They were so cute and chubby. He always loved it when I rubbed them. I miss that so much!

Yesterday was the 5 month marker since Wyatt died. He has almost been gone away from me as long as he was with me. I can't believe it's been 5 months. I look back on those months and they are ones I hope I never have to live again. I feel like I've been living in a fog. The grief, sorrow and pain have not left. With that said I also feel like I have been blessed beyond anything with sweet tender mercies from a loving Heavenly Father. He truly has helped me make it to where I am today. Thanks to so many of you for being the instrument in which those tender mercies were fulfilled. My heart is sad but also grateful.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

That is a sweet picture. I noticed it a couple of days ago when I was looking at your blog. I thought it was Wyatt until I looked a little closer and noticed it was a painting. I love hearing about all the tender mercies Heavenly Father is giving you. It truly stregnthens my testimony and reminds me even when we feel completely alone, we truly never are. Love you!

Robyn said...

Andrea,
I love that painting! Do you have it in your house? How did you get it on your blog? It really does look like Wyatt! I also love Wyatt's grave marker. You did a great job catching the photos and posting them-they are beautiful. You are loved in so many ways!

Cheryl K. Hadlock said...

Andrea, I found your blog through the MVHS reunion site. I have tears streaming down my face right now for your loss, and yet I found that I have been spiritually uplifted by reading your posts (I am not very spiritual these days) I needed to hear your testimony and am so impressed with your courage!! Your family is beautiful! Cheryl Hadlock

Gillian said...

I hope you bought that painting, it's perfect for you. I can see how it reminds you of Wyatt.
5 months have passed, which I know is painful to think about. Time is a double-edge sword. But somehow, we are getting through this. I am so grateful for all that you've shared--your words are beautiful and generous. You have been one of my "tender mercies" from the Lord. Thanks for everything! I hope you have lots of Wyatt moments to tell me about when I get home.

Marc and Megan said...

Andrea,

I really appreciated the comment you left on my blog the other day. I have appreciated reading through your blog and gaining from your strength and perspective through this very difficult time.

That picture is amazing. It's beautiful! And, the intense feelings you describe of pain and peace are exactly how I feel. It's strange to feel them in exactly the same moment. It is comforting to know I'm not alone in those feelings.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dottie Stay said...

I can only imagine that you would still be feeling sorrow. I don't know how that would ever go away. You are so inspiring though. I am so thankful that you have felt love and tender mercies. Heavenly Father loves you so much. You are such a blessing to so many people.

Neener said...

I love the painting and I hope you purchased it. You have inspired me to post the painting I found that reminds me of Tanner, if you don't mind I think I will blog my feelings of our painting. Thanks for sharing that with us.... and I am so glad you had that moment at Costco ( just love it when they pop out of the blue like that). TAke care.
Lots of love from the McMahons

JJ said...

Andrea,

I just want you to know that you have been on my mind a lot lately. I am praying for you constantly and cry with you as I read your blogs. We haven't had internet for a while and so going back and reading all of your past blogs have brought a lot of emotions. I hope you know that I love you and am here for you! You are such an example to me and just so incredible. We are here for you. I love you lots!

Gedge's said...

Andrea,
What a beautiful picture. It captures a baby so perfectly. I hope that you were able to purchase that picture. I have a picture of Jesus holding a baby hanging in my living room. Everytime I look at it, I picture the Savior holding my little Taylor. It helps knowing that he isn't alone.
You left an amazing comment on my blog the other day (I'm Baby Taylor James's mom). You have such a way of describing things that is so clear that I can picture myself there with you.
Having felt a loss of a child, I have had that horrible roller coaster of emotions. I only wish that I had started my blog sooner so that I could look back and see how I felt each and every day. I think that talking about your grief helps, especially with people who have shared a similar loss. I grieve with you in the loss of your little angel and know that your strength will endure. Baby Wyatt and I share a birthday. My birthday wish will be for you to endure till the end when you will be able to hold your sweet baby in your arms.
I truly enjoy reading your blog and hope that we can become friends.
Julie