Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Could it be possible...

Could it be possible to feel more love and gratitude for my kids and husband than before Wyatt died? I never thought it was possible-- but I have. I have had some of the most amazing moments the past few months with the most indescribable feelings of love and gratitude towards Derek, Tyler, Emily and Hayley. They have come a moment here and moment there. Sometimes just looking at them and realizing what a blessing they are to me brings the sweet tender feelings. The thought will come to me-- what would I do without them in my life right now? I really don't know. I'm grateful for the littlest of things that they do each day. Their way of being able to pick up and move forward with happiness and joy. How grateful I am that they are in my life. They give me a reason to breath each day and a reason to just get out of bed. They bring smiles to my face when I thought I would never smile again. I had no idea before Wyatt died that I could feel anymore love than I already had for each of my kids and my husband but I do. How grateful I am for them.

7 comments:

Jill said...

You have incredible kids and an amazing husband! I agree. I love you guys! SO MUCH I love you guys!

Marc and Megan said...

Andrea, I love your way of expressing this - I totally feel exactly the same. The smallest of moments bring me so much more joy than they did before. I've found that when Marc and I hug now, it's a little tighter and we hold each other a little longer.

I'm so glad the Lord has allowed our paths to cross. You have been a blessing in my life!

Stephanie said...

I know that you don't know me, but I found your blog off of Eileen's. I've been amazed by your story and your faith. I even find myself praying for you. When reading this post I had the distinct impression; "Opposition in all things. We cannot know real joy without knowing real pain." Thank you for sharing and blessing my life!

Natalie said...

I would have to agree. You have an incredible family. I am so grateful to call them family as well. Love you all!

drans007 said...

Your letters and entries have also greatly increased my love for everyone in my family. I am so appreciative for every smile, every hug, and even every time I can simply look into their eyes. THANK YOU for not sugar coating things, but for being the most open and honest friend I have ever had (next to Trent). I can feel the strength of your family with every encounter.

Gedge's said...

Andrea,
I felt the exact same way after we had our Taylor. Nate and I were close before and of course I loved my kids, but something changed. I, too, found myself enjoying the little things and laughing with my kids. My husband and I have never felt more in tune with each other and our feelings. My husband grieved differently than me and it seems as mine has never truly disappeared. I think though that he understands and is more patient with me.
I am thankful for your willingness to share your thoughts and feelings. Know that you are NEVER alone!
Love,
Julie

Neener said...

Andrea, I have felt the same way lately... it is true. I feel like it the Love is stronger because we have a stronger divine purpose to live righteously to raise our Angels boys again. I so await for that day. All the best.
Lots of love
Denine