Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Road of grief

Yesterday me and a friend had the opportunity to meet with a girl that had just lost her little boy to SIDS. My heart completely aches and breaks for her and for what she has been through and what she will have to go through. I just hate to see someone having to start on the journey that I started almost 3 years ago. I wish I could just take it all away for her.

My friend that went with me is 15 years down the road of grief and is amazing. She has such great insight and knowledge so I sat and marveled as she talked with this girl. I hope in some way since we have both been down that road that we were able to help her. If anything I hope she knows she is not alone. Grief is hard, hard work. I hope some of the information I gave her will help. I was able to see yesterday how much I have progressed along that hard and difficult road of grief and it gave me hope. It just breaks my heart to see that she is just beginning. Oh, it's so beyond hard.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of my Wyatt many, many times throughout the day. I don't every see that changing. He will always be in my heart and will always be in my mind. Miss that boy!! Here are a few random pictures. I will never get sick of any of the pictures I have of him. Just wish I had more.





I love this one because it was a picture of our everyday life back then. He had just woken up that morning and I decided to take a couple of quick pictures of him. I love that it's showing his diaper and how his gowns would always creep up. I love that the blanket my mom made for him and the blanket I bought him are in the picture. I love to see the cradle that Grandpa L. made for us that we used with each of our kids. Sometimes it seems like just a dream that he was in our life but when I see pictures like this one it brings it all back...the everyday life with our sweet little boy. I'm so glad we enjoyed every second with him.



We especially miss his cute smile. What joy he brought into our life.


3 comments:

Candi and Skeet said...

Nothing helps more than to be able to talk to someone who has been there! I am glad that you and your friend were able to reach out. I know I didn't start truly healing until I was able to talk to other mothers. I know she will be so grateful to you. Hope you are doing well! Hugs!!

Tina Michelle said...

http://homes1ck.blogspot.com/2011/01/4-years-home.html

I read this blog and heard this song and thought of you. I thought you might enjoy it. Here are the lyrics to it.

What is it like to be held in the same arms that hold the universe?
What is it like to sleep on the chest of the King of heaven and earth?
When you open your eyes and look on the face of the Giver of life, the Author of grace, do you know?


That your days here changed everything
You're missed here and will always be
But you left here the greatest gift of all
Cause our hearts ache for Home


What is it like to breathe in and breathe out heaven's glorious light
What is it like to be robed in perfection, no reason to cry?
When you feel on your face, your Father's kiss, his welcomed embrace, we prayed for this, you should know


That your days here changed everything
You're missed here and will always be
But you left here the greatest gift of all
Cause our hearts ache for Home


Twinkle twinkle little star
We will keep you in our hearts
Twinkle twinkle little star
We will meet you where you are


Your days here changed everything
You're missed here and will always be
But you left here the greatest gift of all
Cause our hearts ache for Home


*hugs*

Kayla Davis said...

I have been reading through your blog (amazed) after pressing the next blog button, and I have to say, I am mixed with emotions I cant even explain to myself. Your children are beautiful! I loved the way you described the picture with your son in his diaper with the blankets and crib. I cannot imagine how hard this loss has been for you and your family. I have a daughter (6 months) and even trying to understand such grief has brought me to tears.

Just wanted you to know that, your story, though I have not had to endure such a loss, has mad me appriciate my "boring" life with my daughter. My heart was especially touched when I read about your daughter being the first to put a letter in your sons mailbox. How sweet!