Friday, January 7, 2011

Paper towel free

I saw this idea on another blog and decided I would try it. I love any ideas that will help me save some money. I've replaced our paper towels with this jar filled with cloth towels. We have tried this new idea for about 3 weeks now and I feel it has been a great success. We are paper towel free. Yippy!

I was getting sick of spending money each month on paper towels. We were going through them way too fast so when I saw this idea I decided to try it. I was already doing a laundry load of towels each week so adding a few more didn't make much of a difference. The one draw back is I have more folding to do but it hasn't been too bad with these little towels.

I bought the towels from Target. They were $3.99 for six of them. I bought 3 packs to start with and since then have added a couple more so we can make it through a whole week without having to do laundry. They are the RE target brand and they said mop towel or mop rag on them. They are about the size of a washcloth. I just placed them in a jar where the paper towel dispenser use to be. I informed the kids of our new paper towels and that they can use them whenever they needed to.

I put the paper towel dispenser in my pantry for those moments when I need a paper towel. Which I've only needed to use once in the past 3 weeks when I cooked bacon. Anyway, it's been a good thing and I'm looking forward to saving some money by not having to buy paper towels anymore. Just thought I would share in case someone else wants to try going paper towel free.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Smart! Totally going to try that. :)