Friday, January 28, 2011

Quilt

I'm excited to start something new...quilting. I've wanted to learn this skill for a while now. I've done some quilting in the past but not completely by machine which is what I'm hoping to learn. I've spent time on the internet trying to learn as much as I can. I know this quilt will not be perfect but I'm excited to try. I've been wanting to make a fun little quilt to take on picnics. I found these fabrics awhile ago and thought they would work perfectly. This week I've decided to begin. My goal is to complete it before spring so we can start using it on our picnics and when we go to Wyatt's grave. Don't these colors make you excited for spring and summer? They do me...perfect for the winter months. Wish me luck...I will need it. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you look for examples on starting your quilt? i would love to make one but have no idea where to start.

Lisa said...

Love the fabric and colors! Good luck!

Andrea said...

Diary of a quilter has some great tutorials on her side bar. From start to finish. Her link is on my blog list along with a few other quilting blogs. Hope that helps anonymous.

Susie Larsen said...

Good for you to try something new! Very cute fabric choices.

Its a young life.... said...

Have you seen the quilt in a day books? They are great! The author has turned quilting into an engineering feat so that it goes more quickly.

Andrea said...

Thanks..."it's a young life" for the tip. I will look those books up. Sounds wonderful!

Suzanne said...

ABSOLUTELY beautiful fabric, Andrea. I love your blog. Thanks for your Christmas card. Your family and your blog inspires me daily. I am so blessed to be your friend. Did you get my card this year?

AND... you have to tell me... what camera are you using? I remember the post about your camera, but I want to get more into photography. Your pictures always are professional.

Your friend always,
From the other side of the world--
Suzanne in China!