Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial day..remember


This is the first year we have been home for memorial day since Wyatt died. It's been nice to be able to be here and frequent his grave. The cemetery is so beautiful right now with all the new flowers placed on loved ones graves. It's such a peaceful place. It's also nice to see others there. Most often than not we are the only ones there. It's nice to know we are not the only ones remembering a loved one.

My sweet brother was down for the weekend and went to Wyatt's grave and put some flowers and a note on it. So very thoughtful of him. Can't even express how much that meant. So grateful for all the love and support we receive from friends and family.

Wyatt's grave is VERY decorated. So grateful for the things people have put on it. Today we think of Wyatt but that is nothing new. Every single day he is thought of and missed but today we also remember all those great amazing family members that have graduated and are on the other side. I'm so grateful for the influence each of them have had in my life. Some I haven't even meet but feel their strength and spirit. Remember is such an important word and today I remember those that are so dear to my heart and the amazing life's they lived. I also remember and express deep gratitude to all those that have served this amazing country and have given their lives so we can have the freedoms we enjoy. And as always I remember my sweet little boy that my heart and arms aches for.




I was looking through some of his pictures and found this one...it may be my new favorite. I love his expression on his face and his hand almost in his pocket. Oh, how we miss this little guy!
Sleeping on his dad's lap. One of his favorite places to be.
The flowers my brother put on Wyatt's grave...oh, so sweet and beautiful!

His grave so decorated.

No comments: