Thursday, May 6, 2010

Hiking

We have been going hiking as much as we can the past few weeks. We are blessed to have some really neat hikes just 5-10 minutes from our home. It's the perfect time of year here for hiking so, we have been taking advantage as much as we can. I keep forgetting to take a camera on our hikes so last night I finally remembered. I only took our point and shoot camera and later regretted that decision. The desert is in bloom and there were some really beautiful flowers I would have loved to take some close ups of.

This hike is a fun hike because there are some Indian Petroglyph's that you get to see. They are pretty cool. Tyler was at Young Men's so that is why he isn't in any of the pictures. Emily brought a friend with us.

On the way back the girls took the main trail while Derek and I went a different way. Well, while the girls were on the trail they came upon a rattle snake. Needless to say there was a lot of screaming and running and some crying. It scared them pretty good. I don't think they will be going by themselves anymore. Luckily they were just fine and now they have a story to tell. Here are a few pictures we took.
Cacti in bloom





Petroglyph's






Sunset

1 comment:

drans007 said...

WOW. Your picture really made me miss Ivins and Snow Canyon. Looks like to much fun and warmth and great memories. Glad no one got bit.