Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Going blue...part 1

Before.....

After.....

I've always enjoyed decorating. I've wanted to change my house with blue paint for a long time. Actually, before Wyatt was even born I dreamed of doing this but didn't have the time. And then grief hit and stuff like this seemed so trivial. I truly wondered if there would ever come a day that I would enjoy doing these kinds of things again. Well, I can say that I do enjoy them again.


In January I decided to change things up. We started first by painted the bar blue. We loved it so much we decided to paint the hallway as well. It use to be red. Then we painted the kitchen a brown color. I have loved it. I have to admit I loved the yellow and red before and have no regrets but I do really enjoy how the light blue and white look. It reminds me of the beach which is one of my most favorite places in the world to be. When I painted the chair I posted early in the month I also painted our bar stools white. I love how they turned out.

For my birthday on Saturday Derek's present to me was painting the rest of the room. I had decided that the yellow and blue just didn't go well together and since our kitchen and family room are all hooked together, I decided it needed to be painted too. That is where part 2 will come into play. Once I get around to taking some pictures of how it turned out I will post them. Let just say I LOVE it. I love paint and how it can totally change a room and it doesn't cost too much money just some time. I'm soooo very blessed to have an amazing husband that will help me. I love color...especially color next to white. I will post part 2 soon but here is a glimpse of what we did in January. It's been a fun change. The kind of change I like.

Bar stools that use to be oak color. I love the new white. And the bar that is blue now instead of red.


Hallway before....
After.....



Took this quick shot from my kitchen window of Wyatt's garden. I feel so blessed to live in such a beautiful place and love what I get to look at each day as I do the dishes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful home and such a beautiful family! What a blessing! I love ya Andrea. You make me happy and I love your creative side. You make me want to do more.

xoxoxo
Jess

Susie Larsen said...

It looks lovely! That blue color is one of my favorites. I'm happy that you are doing things you love, and hope you will keep it up!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! Looks so clean and fresh! How fun! Makes me want to finish painting my house. :)

Stephanie Matthews said...

Oh it makes me sad to see the red and yellow gone. I loved it. I have to admit that I love the blue just as much. You and Derek are so talented.

Neener said...

Andrea, it is just beautiful, would you mind emailing me the kind of paint you used to cover your bar stools? I would love to redo mine and my kitchen chairs aswell. I love the beach feel aswell. How peacefull it must feel. Great job. Now all you need are some shells and sand. ;)