Tuesday, May 11, 2010


A few days before her death Emma Smith had a dream in which Joseph took her into a beautiful mansion. In one of the rooms she saw a babe in a cradle. She immediately recognized it as one of the children she had lost in infancy and snatched him to her bosom.

I found comfort in hearing this. The image in my mind of maybe having a mansion someday and in that mansion there being a nursery with my Wyatt in it gives me hope. I can't even express how much I miss having Wyatt's room like the picture above. I dream of the crib, changing table and cradle and feel such a loss in not having those things in my life anymore. I hope that Emma's dream is in fact reality and that someday I will have my own mansion and in it will be a nursery. And in that nursery I will get to raise Wyatt and watch as he sleeps at night in his crib. Oh how I miss that!!! I do dream and I hope of such a day.

Miss him...

6 comments:

jefferies said...

Hi there!
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your post. I stumbled upon your blog as I was doing a google search for "no empty chairs," as I was trying to find the original quote. But I was really glad to find your blog too! I lost my baby a little while back, and I think about her every single day. It is good to find a mama who is still talking about missing her baby. Sometimes I feel like my family and friends are getting sick of me talking about my baby all the time, so it is really nice to come to a place where I can commune with a mama who really misses her baby too. And thanks for your post on Emma Smith, it is dreamy. I am so sorry that you lost Wyatt.

-Kate (mama to angel girl Elsa)
jefferiesbebsite.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Andrea,
I'm sorry. I know what you mean. I hate the fact that I am "storing" the furniture that once held my sweet little guy-- even if for just 44 days. It's heartbreaking.

Thank you for teaching as you write. I learn so much from you! I too, hope that is so--- I'd love to do all of the things that you have mentioned. I'm sure that NO matter what, we just won't be able to grasp- no matter how hard we try-- just how wonderful it REALLY will be. and having faith that we have been promised amazing things is so very comforting. Just seeing him again would be the most amazing moment, but to be able to raise him again.... WOW! I can't wait until our hopes and dreams become a true reality.

Love ya always,
Jess

Unknown said...

It is true. You will have a mansion and you WILL find baby Wyatt there ready to be loved and raised by his amazing mother. How lucky we are to know that there is life after this and that we will live happily there with all of our dearest loved ones. I can't wait for the day to raise my own children, possibly at the same time you get to raise sweet little Wyatt. They may be there with him now. :) That makes my heart happy to know that they may be friends up there... Love you Andrea!

Rachel Doyle said...

What a beautiful boy - I too hope that Emma's dream is true - can you imagine how delightful it will be to have our sons in those nurseries.

Neener said...

That was beautiful Andrea. I needed that post today. I believe it will be there for all of us who have lost our child. I await that day with open arms.

Eldredge Family said...

Dear friend...I wish I could give you a hug! Thank you for this post. I am struggling with moving Sages room and things. I too have to believe that all of us with have perfect little nurseries and our babies back in our arms!!!