Monday, July 12, 2010

Butterfly collage


I saw this idea here. Loved it and decided that we would do one for Emily's room. So, we went to DI to find a frame. Found this one for 3 dollars. Emily had a hard time seeing the vision of this frame. But I knew what a little white spray paint could do.






We love how it turned out. It will be a sweet reminder of her little brother as she looks at all the butterflies on her wall.

We made sure we used scraps of paper from Wyatt's birth annoucements. Green, light blue and stripped green and light blue.

8 comments:

Eileen said...

Love.It! What a treasure. And I love that you got the frame at DI.

Hopeful Homemaker said...

That is the cutest craft I've seen in months. Way to go! So colorful and happy. I love it. (and I love you... you're awesome)

Lisa said...

So pretty! Did you use a punch to cut out the butterflies?

Bridget said...

That's a lot of birth announcements! I love the refurbishing of it. How meaningful.

Jill said...

So cool! I love that!!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Wow! Yours turned out so great! I am glad you were able to make one so easily! Aren't they fun? I am actually making one with flowers for my other daughter today! Thanks for the link!

Janna said...

I saw your comment on the Idea Room giveaway, and I LOVE the way your collage turned out. What a touching idea to use Wyatt's birth announcement! I am now thinking of doing something similar with my kids to remember my little baby boy that only lived 2 short days. They would love having something special of their own to remember him with. Thanks for the inspiration, and I wish you the best of luck with the ShadowCase giveaway!

carolyn q said...

Absolutely LOVE the collage. What a great idea. You are so creative.
(HUGS)
Carolyn