Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday!


Our little girl turned 4 yesterday. Oh, how excited she was. The first thing we did was have her open her presents and had her birthday breakfast. We then made preparations for her princess birthday party. She had 5 little princesses come to her party. It was a lot of fun. They made necklaces, decorated crowns and cupcakes, played pin the crown on the princess and bibidee bobbedee boo, they danced with ribbon wands and had cake and ice cream. Hayley had the time of her life. She loved decorating the cupcakes and opening all of the fun presents her friends brought her. We then went to a park to meet a friend and then had a pizza party at Grandma and Grandpa's condo while watching the BYU game. Other than the BYU game it was a fun and memorable day one I hope we never forget. We are so grateful to have Hayley in our family. She is such a happy little girl which is such a blessing to us. We need her sunshine personality each and everyday. We love our Hayley!


Present time.Skittles, a book and a bear from Aunt Darladee and Uncle Merrill. She was so excited as you can see."I got money" as she was dancing around. That was her response to her gift from Uncle Ron and Aunt Linda along with Grammie and Grandpa Larsen. She is so excited to go pick something out at the store.Her doll that swims. She can't wait to go swimming with her new doll.Her number 4 pancake breakfast.The InvitationsThe Cake(it had some structural problems but made it without falling over--phew!)All the beautiful princesses.
Opening her present from Grandma and Grandpa Jensen. She loves her new doll!

The day before Hayley's birthday she said how excited she was that she would get to hold Wyatt tomorrow on her birthday. For some reason she has thought for quite some time that Wyatt would come back to life on her birthday. It's hard to try and explain to a 3 year old that it will be a long time until she gets to hold her little brother again. I felt his absence yesterday. Whenever we have these family events that void in our lives seems even more evident. I wasn't the only one that noticed it yesterday. Emily came to me at the end of the day saying how much she missed Wyatt not being there with us today. He would have been into everything....oh, we miss him!

10 comments:

Neener said...

Looks like a beautiful princess. Happy Birthday!

Marc and Megan said...

Hayley is such a darling little girl! It sounds like she had a special day! I loved all the little girls dressed in princess dresses... so so cute! Oh, and that cake you made is very impressive! Way to go! :)

Robyn said...

Andrea-
You are the funnest mom ever! It looks like a fun party, and I'm sure Wyatt was there. I hope the ribbon wands turned out-I should have sent you my ribbon! I can't wait to get together this weekend. Love and Hugs!

Natalie said...

What a fun day for Hayley! I loved the excited picture of her with the skittles. She is such a doll. We miss her and all of you!

Jill said...

Looks like you made it a special day for her. She looks so grown up in some of those pictures. She's a cutie! Cute little princesses. I'm willing to bet Wyatt was there yesterday. Maybe that's why Emily felt that. Can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Felipe and Erika said...

I love little girls in princess dresses. It is the essence of being a sweet, innocent and happy little girl. I love it. What a fun and creative mom you are:)

Larsen said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I know I would've loved that birthday party if i'd been 4!! And they all looks so cute in their princess dresses. Sometimes it's nice (at lest for me) when the little ones talk about Wyatt. It means they haven't forgotten. My little nephew whenever he sees me the first thing he says is. "Where's Gavin?" and then we go on with this conversation that we've had at least 100 times now. But I actually like it now. He loves and misses Gavin too, in his own little way.

Michelle
Gavin's Mom

Gedge's said...

Happy Birthday! She looks so cute! Seems like she had a grand birthday.. I know Wyatt was there in spirit!
Julie

janalee said...

I love the scripture in Ecclesiastes that your last post was about- thank you!
Hayley looks like she really enjoyed her special day :)

carolyn q said...

I know it was a really busy day, but thanks for meeting us at the park. I had wished though that my MIL and Scott would have let us have some alone time to chat. Hopefully another time will present itself so we can bear our souls without others in our presence.
Happy Birthday once again to Haley. . she looked so cute! And by the way Emily kept coming up in my mind during my whole trip.