Sunday, February 22, 2009

Perfect Love


A month or so after Wyatt died I went to the library to find books to read and music to listen to. I found a Cd of instrumental songs. There was a song titled "Perfect Love" that I instantly fell in love with. There were no words but I loved the tune. It brought comfort to my soul. I had it in the car and I would listen to it over and over again as I would drive usually from my parents condo to home. I would cry and listen and feel strength from this song. There were usually butterflies flying next to or in front of our car while I was driving and listening. I felt my Wyatt near and this song brought added comfort. I even made Derek's ring tone on my cell phone with this song "Perfect Love"-- what a great title for when my sweet heart calls me.

The other night I was searching YouTube for inspirational videos or talks. There were two videos titled "Perfect Love" I wondered if this was the song that I had wanted to hear the words to for so long..could it possibly be? Yes, it was. I have been searching for months to find this song and I was thrilled to finally hear the words to it. I thought with the title that it would be a love song...maybe for my sweetheart or the "Perfect Love" a mother has for her children but it turns out to be a song about Christ and his "Perfect Love" for each of us. Oh, I just sobbed as I listened and watched this video on YouTube with pictures of Christ. I have added the song to my play list. Oh, the perfect love our Savior has for each of us...how eternally grateful I am for him.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Beautiful song! I'm sure Wyatt sent you those words today. Happy Anniversary dear friend. In some ways it seems like just yesterday. I wish you a million happy tomorrows in the eternities with your "whole" family. Love and Hugs!

Natalie said...

I will have to look that song up. It's so true. Our savior is the only perfect love. I'm so grateful for the way he shows love to each of us and it helps me so much to see the tender mercies the Lord sends to you. You are truly loved by the only one who has perfect love.