Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Arizona

Here are some pictures from our trip to Arizona. We feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to go as a family and spend some time together along with my parents. Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful week of fun memories.

Mesa Temple



My wonderful, sweet and amazing parents. Aren't they the cutest couple?

Derek with his black eye...he has LOVED to tell people that I did it. He even told the ward that I had given him his black eye while conducting on Sunday...luckily he told them he was just kidding and got it while playing basketball or else he probably would have gotten another black eye. Good thing he married someone with a sense of humor..ha ha!

My Wyatt moment on the Temple grounds. I was having a moment like always of missing Wyatt and wishing he was there to be in the pictures we were taking. This butterfly then flew by and landed on this beautiful flower waiting for me to take it's picture....a tender mercy for me! I haven't seen a butterfly in months. I sure have missed my Wyatt moments so this one was extra special!
Yes, our kids fighting and making faces on the temple grounds...go figure.

I'm going to just put the rest of the pictures on a slide show. We did a lot of swimming. The place we stayed at was beautiful with fun pools, a lazy river, green grass and flowers. We also took a day and went to the science museum which the kids LOVED. On our way home we stopped and Hoover Dam and my Dad, Derek, Tyler and Hayley took a Dam tour....Derek sure loved using that word while we were there. All in all it was a wonderful and relaxing week together.
I continue to miss Wyatt especially when we are creating these moments together as a family. His void is soooo there for me. Oh, we miss our little boy. But we continue to have hope for the Resurrection and for the Millennium where we will create lasting memories as a "whole" family.

7 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Doesn't the sun feel so good? I thought that on my trip to AZ. I needed to soak it up. Great butterfly picture too. Love, Nicole

Jill said...

I love that last picture! ha ha! That's great! So cool you had your Wyatt moment on temple grounds. Someone is sure aware of you! Love you!

Natalie said...

I love Hayley's face on that last picture. What an awesome picture. I'm glad you had fun in AZ. The butterfly was beautiful just like Wyatt. What a cool moment to have at the temple. Love you all.

Robyn said...

Great pictures! I love Derek's shiner-remind him that he isn't in his twenties anymore. I love the picture of the kids fighting at the temple-so typical. You can tell it is a fun, playful fight! I hope you are doing well. Love you lots!

Linda Pickles said...

Great pictures, Andrea. Glad you could soak up some sun--it's raining now and cold- so you came at just the right time. I loved the butterfly picture.
Have a happy day!
Lots of love!

carolyn q said...

Love the Butterfly pic at the Temple Grounds. . it was meant to be so Wyatt could let you know he was close by.
I am glad that you were able to get out of the normal and have a great time together with your parents.
And I don't buy it for a minute that he got the black eye from Basketball. . TeeHe!
(Heart Hugs)

Angela said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I know what you mean about taking pictures without Wyatt. I am experiencing that too. It's hard to take pictures of just three kids instead of four. Even when we have baby 5, I will want 5 kids in the picture and not 4! My heart is with you,
Angela (Evan from Heaven's mom)