Friday, October 31, 2008

Hard week


This is one of the only pictures I have with all of my kids. When we had our family pictures taken a year ago the thought came to me that I should get one of just the kids together. Wyatt was such a newborn so, I thought I will just get one next year when he is older. Oh, how I wish I would have listened to my heart at that time.

This has been a very difficult week. (No big surprise, I'm sure) I can't even describe in words the longing I feel to have Wyatt back into my life. The memories that he won't be apart of is killing me. Halloween is one of those. I just don't know if I can do it.
Everyone of my kids has been a pig when they were 1 years old. I remember thinking last year how I wouldn't need to get a costume for Wyatt because he would be a pig like Tyler, Emily and Hayley. Each reminder of what I'm missing out on is tearing at my heart. I'm hoping as time goes on it gets easier.

This is Hayley in the pig costume 3 years ago--I would have put Tyler and Emily's on here but their pictures aren't digital.

4 comments:

Neener said...

I know what you mean Andrea, as having Tanner's birthday the day before Halloween and remembering our last halloween together... it is hard every year, we just seem to make it through though.

Think of it this way, we have Angels tonight for Halloween instead of pigs, or pumpkins or little bears. I wish we could hold their hands. Thinking of you tonight.

Robyn said...

Andrea-
I'm so sorry! I'm sending extra prayers your way today. Wyatt would have been a darling pig! I bet he is in heaven secretly thinking that he is glad to not have to wear a pig costume:)! If I lived by you I would bring you chili and bread sticks today. Could you move back up here? I'll be thinking of you all day. I love you!

{ Bethany } said...

I am not very excited for tonight either. I'm so sorry he doesn't get to be a little pig tonight, it is such a cute costume.

I have been thinking the exact same thing about sibling pictures this week. I didn't take any of Gavin with his brother and sister in the last few months because we were always in and out of the hospital and it never seemed like a "good time", even when we were just all at home. I regret not taking snapshots of their messy hair and clothes, but at least all together and putting it off for a day when they all "looked nice".

I'll be thinking about you tonight, think about me, too! Its going to be a long night...

Teea Lamb said...

Andrea, I love the peacock! That is possibly the cutest costume I have ever seen! When you posted the picture of Wyatt in it earlier, I could not stop laughing, simply because it is so cute! I am sorry you are having a hard time. I know what you mean. I miss Kynslee so much. It hurts to think of what I could be doing with her this year. I would have found a cute costume and taken her around to see Grandma's and cousins. Instead I am sitting at home alone because Ben has to work tonight! :( It hurts so bad. I am thinking of you and praying for you. I hope you can feel some comfort. Thanks for sharing your thought and feelings. I don't feel so alone.
Love,
Teea