Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall

I love Southern Utah in the fall. The weather is absolutely perfect and it's just beautiful. Yesterday we went as a family on a hike(walk) to a place we had never been to before. My sweet husband missed the BYU game so we could do something as a family. I know what a sacrifice that was for him which makes me love him even more.

It was such a beautiful hike with the red rock and blue, blue sky. The weather was absolutely perfect! I've added some of the pictures we took. On our hike there was a bush with little yellow flowers on it. I pointed it out to Hayley and she got so excited and asked if she could pick one. So we picked one and then she said this is for Wyatt's grave...Wyatt loves flowers doesn't he mom? Yes, he does Hayley. She ended up picking off all the petals while we were driving back home but isn't it the thought that counts? She is always looking out for her little brother. She has decided what things he is going to need when he comes back to life. Things she is willing to pass down to him i.e. potty chair, books, blankets and toys. A few weeks before Wyatt's birthday she saw a book at the bookstore that she needed to get for him when he comes back to life. She convinced me that this was very important and that he needed it. So we bought it and she wrapped it up for him. She has such a tender heart. At the end of the trail a beautiful black butterfly flew around us...we were able to have our Wyatt moment. Whenever we do things as a family there is a void there. I feel it probably the most but it makes me that much more excited for when we will be together again as a whole family.








This year my parents grew gourds in their garden and I was so excited to get some to put in my window boxes. Thanks Mom and Dad.

10 comments:

The Erbes said...

Andrea,
I was at a friends house yesterday playing on their front lawn with Parx. As I was sitting there a beautiful white butterfly flew past us. All I could think of was you and how much I wished you could have been there to experiance it as well. To have one of your Wyatt moments that I know you cherish so much. It took a moment for me to recover, I want you to know that I think of you and wyatt often. - katie erbe

Elyse said...

I love Derek's costume! I got a good laugh at of that-especially the coconut bra. What a beautiful family you have-that Hayley is so cute. I can't wait for Kayla and her to play again on Christmas Eve. Did I tell you we booked our flights home for Christmas last week? Hooray! Can't wait! Love ya!

Jill said...

Great pics! I love the one of Hayley and her little pig tails. :) She's so cute! Love the goards too!

Marc and Megan said...

The photos are wonderful! I just love this time of year, too. I'm so glad you had a sweet Wyatt moment while you were out hiking together. What a beautiful gift! And, I just have to tell you, Andrea, how grateful I am to know you. Your friendship is a gift and a blessing. Thank you for all the ways you've loved and supported me... I feel so grateful for you.

Robyn said...

Andrea,
The pictures are beautiful! You take great pictures. We were hiking in Goblin Valley on Saturday. We had a butterfly moment, too. It was beautiful. I hope you have a butterfly week!

Gedge's said...

Andrea,
What beautiful pics. I too love Southern Utah in the fall. When we were driving past, coming back from California, I just saw the gorgeous red rock up against the deep blue sky!!! How neat that you saw the black butterfly. That was Wyatt letting you know that he is still with you!
Julie

Natalie said...

Those are some beautiful! Hayley is so sweet! She is such a little angel! I love the individual pictures of your kids! So cute!

Teea Lamb said...

Your family is so stinking cute! I love looking at all the great things you post.
Love,
Teea

Gillian said...

Your family is just gorgeous. I love these pictures--so glad you had a nice day together. Those pictures make me miss Utah.
Little Hayley is so sweet--I love how she knows that Wyatt is still with you.
Also--your Halloween costumes are hilarious--I think Derek would get along great with my husband. Glad you had a fun evening.
You are the best!

Larsen said...

Thank you for your words. It's hard. And I am greatful that you are brave enough to write how you feel. You never know who it's helping (me:))