Saturday, July 19, 2008

"The Greatest Gift"

When I was a child I would get so excited on Christmas eve that I couldn't sleep. Just dreaming of the things that Santa might be bringing would fill my mind with wonderful thoughts. The anticipation of the coming day was almost unbearable. As I would open my presents on Christmas morning joy, happiness and excitement would feel my soul.

I have had other days and nights like that. The night before the birth of each of my kids was just like Christmas eve. The same excitement and anticipation. When I got to finally met these noble spirits for the first time the joy and happiness was indescribable. I fell instantly in love with each of them.

I now look forward to another day a day that I will wait for the rest of my life..."Resurrection eve." It will be just like Christmas eve but even more exciting. All the days and years of waiting and hoping and wishing will all come true. I won't be able to sleep because I will be dancing with excitement. The longer I'm away from Wyatt the more that excitement level will increase. The anticipation will be unbearable. And then it will come...on Resurrection morning I will be getting the most wonderful present I could ever get. The longing to hold, cuddle, kiss, hug, touch will be fulfilled. Tears of happiness will fill my face instead of sorrow. Joy, excitement and love will be overflowing. It is a day I can hardly wait for. I will have my baby in my arms again. How grateful I am for my Savior for giving me the greatest gift ever.

11 comments:

Cameron and Michelle said...

oh what a day that will be!!!! Now that I have had kids, I still get that same anticipation to be the giver of gifts, I can never sleep Christmas Eve because of the excitement I know my kids will have in the morning. I can imagine the anticipation and excitement Heavenly Father feels to give you that cherished gift, just 'hold on, hold on, that day will come!!!' Thanks for your beautiful post, to help us all remember our real goal in life. sorry, I'm on the wrong account, this is Leanne.

jvance said...

I'm so glad Tyler took that picture of you and Wyatt - it speaks volumes and shows the bond you two have. It truly will be a glorious day and I plan on being there right with you to experience it. Aren't family ties so incredible? I'm glad I have the little sister I have! - Love you lots! - Janese

Jenna said...

I can't wait for that day for you.........maybe it will be really soon, we never know huh!!!!! I love that picture of you two, it is so sweet. Have a good day!

Neener said...

I love your post and the new music that popped up with your blog today. Oh how it brought the spirit in as I wiped a tear away from my cheek, thinking of how I would feel resurection eve. Thanks for your focus on the eternal perspective of our lives. Oh how I look forward to that glorious day. I pray I am standing near you.

Jill said...

I call front row seat to see you and Wyatt reunite. No battle! Great post Andrea! Good analogy too. I know that Wyatt is just as excited for the resurrection as you are. What an incredible blessing the Lord has given ALL of us. That's amazing to me that He loves all of us so unconditionally that He ensured a way that we will all live together again. He LOVES us! Even though He gives us lifes trials, He LOVES us!! He loves you and so do I!!!!!!! See you tomorrow!!!

Natalie said...

I'm calling seniority rules on jill. I want the front row seat for that glorious event. I loved this post and once again you have reminded me how great and marvelous the atonement truly is. Our Savior lives! Because of him you will get to see Wyatt again. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I can't wait to give you a big hug. Love you!

Bartel's said...

Hi Andrea,
I'm just another blogger out there who would like to add to your "Tear Soup". I can't even imagine what kind of struggle you & your family are going through. My prayers & thoughts are with you & your gorgeous baby. I saw the comment you made on Stephanie Waite's blog & felt inclined to check out yours as well. My sister in law's dear friend also unexpectedly lost their 1 yr old not to long ago. If appropriate, check out their blog at: http://dbkunz.blogspot.com/. I am not Mormon, but the 3 of you mothers that are going through this are, & I am just amazed by the strength & faith you have. Hang in there. Wyatt will always be remebered & he has definitley touched my heart. I'll keep you in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your beautiful family!

Amanda and Larry said...

Hey I call I am sitting next to my sisters!!! I want to see that! that will be the best reunion ever for sure!!! Your posts are always so amazing! I love reading them! They are always so uplifting! you are amazing!! Love you!

Gillian said...

I love the new look of your blog--and the amazing slideshow of Wyatt.
I just want to cut and paste this this blog entry on my blog. You've described my feelings exactly. What a wonderful day that will be for you and your Wyatt--and for me and my Zachary. I can hardly wait--for both of us.

Melissa said...

Andrea, y ou always make me cry! That is exactly how I have felt too. You express your self so well. Thank you for your wonderful insites and for being able to say what I feel but somehow cannot express.

drans007 said...

I love the new music of I know my redeemer lives. I love all the touching and angelic entries. They are like a spiritual feast each time I read. I am excited and happy for this reunion too and hope I can be there to witness it. The only thing in life that matters is family.