Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Remember"




We went to Orem for the weekend. It was great to spend time with family. I need that more than ever. Thank you to everyone for the nice weekend. I needed that break from the grief and sorrow that surrounds me at home. Before we left for Orem me and the kids went to Wyatt's grave and put a pin wheel on and hung some flowers from a hook. It is so weird to me that I'm putting stuff on my little boys grave. It was especially weird when we went to the graves of family members in Orem and Provo and I was there looking for ideas for a head stone for Wyatt. I can't believe this is my life right now. I can't believe he is gone. I miss him so much. I keep having "Wyatt moments" with butterflies. When I'm missing him so much I will see a butterfly. I feel those sweet tender mercies each day. How grateful I am for them. Tonight me and the kids went and put the things that everyone sent home with us on Wyatt's grave. Thank you Mom and Dad, Jill and Allen and Ron and Linda. I think his grave is the most decorated grave at the cemetery. Looking back I am very grateful that we choose the cemetery that we did. I feel we were guided from a loving Heavenly Father on where we should bury him. At first I really didn't care where he was buried because I know where he really is but now I'm so grateful he is buried so close to our house. Heavenly Father knew what I needed. There has been a comfort for me when I've gone there. It's such a beautiful and peaceful place for me. I feel it is sacred ground. It will always be a place as a family that we will gather and "remember" our sweet little boy. Oh, how he is missed.

4 comments:

Jill said...

It was SO much fun having you guys here! You seemed happy and it was so good to laugh with you again! What a great time to remember our loved ones. My attitude has definitely changed about Memorial day. Your kids are great...and both of them kicked my butt at bowling (and I was seriously trying). Love you guys!

Dottie Stay said...

Andrea, Jill told me about your blog. It is so beautiful. I am always thinking of you guys! We are coming down in July so maybe I can see you then. Take care, and I will check in with you often. What a beautiful memorial day. You all are just amazing. Send me an email at stailme@hotmail.com so I can send you an invite to my blog.

Amanda and Larry said...

I am so excited to see you guys again tomorrow! This past weekend was so fun! I am glad we get to see you two weekends in a row!!! YAY!!!!

Neener said...

Andrea, this is Denine McMahon ... my Aunt Linda gave me your blog site so I may grieve with you. I am Tanner's mom, he passed away a year and a half ago at the age of 2. Your blog is so beautiful and memorable of your adorable baby boy. I see rainbows all the time and think of my beautiful boy in Heaven watching over all of us. May God grant you strength daily as it is little daily steps that keeps us going.