Sunday, May 18, 2008

"A Good Day"

Friday turned out to be one of the first good days I've had since Wyatt's passing. The heaviness of sorrow and grief lifted for a day and I felt good. I let the kids skip school and we went up the road to Snow Canyon State Park. We are so blessed to have this beautiful park a little ways from our home. It must be butterfly season because they were everywhere which means we felt Wyatt close by. We went on a hike up the red mountains and just enjoyed the beautiful day with flowers and butterflies everywhere. After the hike we went and got sandwiches and went to a park to eat them. Again butterflies everywhere. After playing and swinging at the park we went to a swim party and swam for 3 hours. Thanks Dransfields! And then off to my parents condo to play the wii and watch the Jazz game. Thanks mom and dad for letting us use the condo. It's been a life saver!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Vance in the Knight! said...

well thats good that you guys had that opportunity to go out on a hike. it suprises me that ty so willingly missed school!! i bet emi was thrilled!! the pics look great!!

Natalie said...

Soooo cute! I love all the pics. I seriously can't believe how old Emi looks! She looks like she should be in Young Womens! I'm so glad you had a good day! Thank goodness for butterflies and for precious little boys! Thank goodness for Ty, Emi, and Hayley! Love to you and your family. Addie loved seeing Hayley!

Lauryn Pearl said...

Your kids are so cute! Miss you guys...

Jill said...

How fun! What a cool mom you are. That's great to spend time with all of your kids. I'm sure Wyatt was hiking right along with you guys. That's so neat you have a tangible thing to remind you of him. Those pictures are so cute! I'm glad you had such a good day! You've got some pretty great kids!!