Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall/Fall Break

I have so much to catch up on from the past couple of months. I'm been so busy doing THIS along with all the many things the kids are involved in that blogging has not been a top priority. We have had some fun weeks with lots of activities. One of the highlights being Fall break where Derek's family came to stay. We did lots of hiking, some swimming and enjoying each others company. It definitely wasn't long enough for us. It's always such a wonderful thing when we can spend time with family. The kids thoroughly enjoyed their cousins and hated seeing them go. I regret that I didn't take any pictures but it was also nice just to enjoy our time without a camera.
I'm hoping this week will give me some extra time to catch up on all the other things I need to blog about. I took these pictures a couple of days ago. Though all the leaves on our trees are still pretty green there is a hint of fall in some of them. I saw these and had to take some pictures. Love the different seasons even though it is hard for me to see summer go. I have a special love for leaves and the beauty they bring into my life. They definitely have been a tender mercy to me the past couple of years. Sometimes I get so busy doing all the many things that life requires that I have to sometimes consciously stop and enjoy the beauties around me. So glad I took the few minutes last week to enjoy these in our back yard.

1 comment:

Neener said...

Love the colors of Fall Andrea, we received winter this morning and I am afraid it is sticking around.
Take care,
Talk to you soon.
Denine