Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quote


When I'm having a hard day or one of those longing moments to hold my little boy again I will often go to the side bar on our blog and read some of those favorite quotes I love. This is the one I read today. I'm grateful for understanding and comforting words such as these.

"Parents who have surrendered the sweetest and smallest flowers from the
family's garden need to remember our Heavenly Father. He has promised a special
reward to those who now suffer in silence, who spend long days and longer nights
through their trying times of bereavement. Our Creator has promised glory. He
said, "For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh
that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but nigh at
hand." (D&C 58:4) That promised glory includes the blessing of reunion with
each child who has left the family circle to help surviving members of the
family to draw nearer to God. Those children still live and are a heritage to
the Lord."

Russel M. Nelson

12 comments:

momof72nheaven said...

That is a very special promise

Jill said...

That is amazing...and I'm sure very comforting. Lots and lots of love to you. I'm hoping to come visit you soon. Stay tuned.

Melissa said...

Thank you Andrea. I needed to read that today!

Jen said...

Beautiful Andrea. thanks for sharing it.

Denise Chipman said...

Andrea-thanks for sharing. I have never heard this one before. It is wonderful to hear these words.

The Holland Family said...

I added this to my Mia blog too. I love it. I hope you are doing okay. We need to get together again sometime. What a great promise to all of us who are suffering. Love Ya, Nicole - Mia's mom ^i^

New Life in Utah said...

that was so nice to read and feel. thank you.

Neener said...

I needed to read that today, thanks. I also love that Hannah Montana song.
Have a great Day! Love ya.

Unknown said...

Beautiful quote and and appropriate song. I love it thanks for sharing.

Simply Be Photo/Melissa said...

I'm really not quite sure how I came across your blog. But I did quite sometime ago. And I have come back now and again. You are very inspirational to me, and I always leave your blog being reminded about life and that I need to cherish each moment. So thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.

Teea Lamb said...

I love it. Thank you for sharing.

Natalie said...

Beautiful! What an amazing, comforting promise. Love you.