Saturday, July 4, 2009

Eternal Love

I have thought a lot about the love I have for Wyatt and also the love that Wyatt has for me as his mother. It's such real and tangible thing. I've struggled with being able to fully describe how this love continues and doesn't stop because he died. Well, I just read a post on my friend Michelle's blog about her sweet James. She was able to express those things that I have had a hard time coming up with. She said it beautifully! (she is such a gifted writer) This is what she had to say about her James. I could say the same about my Wyatt. Michelle you are amazing, thank you for sharing these beautiful and comforting words. She said:

"I am amazed how my love continues to grow for James. I would have thought
that once someone dies, the love you have for them comes to a halt of growth. I
never thought that you would stop loving them, I just assumed that your love
would stop growing. I can honestly say that I love James insurmountably more
today than the day he died. It's a love that surpasses this life, a love that
only my spirit knows. My physical body doesn't know or understand this love
because it's not an earthly love, it's an eternal love. I feel him. I am
comforted by him. I know he still claims me as his Mom. I still claim him as my
son. He is mine, and I am his, forever. Death cannot change the bonds of Mother
and Son. Death will not interfere with the Love I am capable of having for
him."

5 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Andrea- I also love Michelle's words. I have a quote that I think fits nicely with your post.

"As long as we can LOVE each other, and remember the feeling of LOVE we had, we can die without ever really going away. All the LOVE you created is still there. You live on in the HEARTS of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here. Death ends life, not a relationship."
Tuesdays with Morrie

Happy 4th of July!
Love, Nicole

Jill said...

I love that. That's an incredible kind of love. Can't say that I quite understand it without having children, but I'm in awe of mother's like you and Michelle.

Julie said...

WHat a beautiful thing! Spoken so perfect! He does love you and his love for you grows stronger, just like yours does for him!

Michelle Arnett said...

I love you Andrea! You better bet those boys of ours still love us with all of their hearts. Probably more now, than they ever would or could if they were on earth. I try to stay in tune to that love so that I still feel that I have a relationship with James. I don't honestly believe that death has to mean the end of our relationship. I do believe through spiritual enlightenment and closeness to the spirit we can continue growing and knowing our children on the other side. Love ya.

Natalie said...

That is incredible. What a wonderful quote and food for thought. You and Wyatt are so lucky to have eachother. I'm so grateful for eternal love. Thank you for sharing your feelings! You help me more then you will ever know.