Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Newport Beach

We made our usual sandcastle and decided to include Wyatt in it...at least his name.
We just got back from a wonderful and relaxing vacation in California. It made it that much more wonderful being able to spend it with family. Most of my family was there except for a few. Those that weren't there we missed you. Newport is a place we have spent quite a few vacations at and we continue to LOVE it. We went to Newport when I was pregnant with Wyatt and right after he passed away. So there are some bittersweet memories there.
I find such peace and beauty in the ocean and I feel so blessed that we have had so many opportunities to enjoy it. I'm so grateful for the memories we have been able to make with family. Thank you mom and Dad for an amazing week. We had the opportunity to go to the Newport Temple and do a session. I'm so grateful we took the time to do that. It's an amazingly beautiful temple inside and the spirit of course was very strong. Tyler was able to go and do baptisms with his older cousins at the temple. I'm sure that will be a memory he will not forget. We spent a day at Disneyland, went to a Dodgers game and the rest of the time we spent relaxing by the pool or at the beach. Derek celebrated his birthday while there and got his own Cheesecake factory key lime cheesecake…his favorite.
The beach is a place I’ve always loved. I love watching the waves as they come crashing into the shore. I especially love the white brightness next to the beautiful blue water. I will have to admit I missed our Wyatt each and everyday wondering if he would enjoy each of the things we did. It's so hard for me to experience these fun moments as a family when one member isn't there experiencing them with us. I know he would have loved Disneyland along with the beach and swimming. On our way home we were blessed with yet another amazing shooting star....so bright and beautiful. I so grateful for each and every tender mercy that is shown my way. Here are a bunch of pictures we took. As you can tell I enjoy taking lots of pictures. I forgot my camera many days but I sure made up for it on the days I remembered it. I know my niece has pictures of the whole group at different places and I look forward to seeing them. Now I'm trying to overcome the grief that seems to always hit me when I get home from a vacation. My heart and arms ache not having Wyatt in my life. It's just very, very hard!

Hayley with her cousin Addie playing office with the hotel phones. Cousin fun at Disneyland! I do not have any pictures of Tyler at Disneyland because he was off with the teenagers.

Swimming fun.The BeachTyler was not with us this day at the beach because he was off with his older cousins at 6 flags having the time of his life.Pure JOY dancing at the beach. Tyler learned how to skim board and LOVED it! He skim boarded all day long.Emily chillin' with her cousin Amanda.Hayley being buried in the sand by Larry and Amanda.Hayley chillin' with her Dad.I just LOVE these beautiful waves...just breathtaking.



Some beautiful California flowers.




I just needed to add a picture of our little guy...oh, how we miss you Wyatt!

7 comments:

momof72nheaven said...

I am so glad you got away and I know how hard it is to come home. I am so glad you had a good time. The ocean is my favorite place on earth also.

Jill said...

I also thought about what Wyatt would've been doing and enjoying while we were there. He was such a pleasant little guy. I'm sure he would've been happy covered in sand. Although that vacation was tough at times (when I wasn't expecting it to be so), I'm so glad we were all there as a family (minus a few). The temple was amazing!... one of the best parts of the trip for me. We're lucky Grandma and Grandpa make it appoint to create memories, and that you and my mom make things happen. ;) I'm glad to see these pictures. I love you and your family.

Jill said...

P.S. I hope the return home has been bearable. I've been thinking of you.

Natalie said...

That was a great trip. Addie is missing your kids so much. She keeps asking when we are going to Califonia again. I'm sure it's so hard to keep creating family memories when Wyatt is not with us, but I want you to know, I thought of him many times on this trip. I thought about how you were pregnant with him last time we went together and I was pregnant with Jake. My heart aches for you because even though I don't know exactly how you are feeling, I imagine having to do things with out my kids and it breaks my heart. You are so strong and I truly miss Wyatt! I miss that him and Jake could be little buddies like Hayley and Addie. I miss watching another one of you sweet kids growing up. little kids bring so much fun into the lives of people they are around and I know he was a pure joy to you. I didn't get to see him very much while he was here but whenever I see a butterfly I think of him and you. I love you both and I hope/pray the Lord will continue to pour out his mercies on you and you wonderful family. We love and miss you all! Thanks again for making this trip so fun!

Dottie Stay said...

It looks like such a great time. I am so happy that you have such a wonderful family that loves you! I sure love you too Andrea!

Robyn said...

Beautiful pictures! It looks like a wonderful vacation. You have a great family. I am sure Wyatt did everything right along with you. I hope your return hasn't been too difficult.

Neener said...

Love all your beautiful photos. It is nice to see you guys having a great time together. I know Wyatt was with all of you , you are all so beautiful.