Friday, March 11, 2011

Memories


Every morning this week I've woken up to memories of 3 years ago. Such vivid, vivid memories. Heart wrenching memories that I wished never would have happened. Every detail is etched in my mind. The way the sun was, the birds chirping, the hint of spring in the air, the smell in the air...every thing to the last real night I had with him, the 3am bath, to the hospital and all the rooms we were in, the phone calls that were made and received, the ambulance ride, prayers and more prayers, airplane flight, taxi ride, temples, the PICU, nurses, Drs. etc. etc....so many other details I won't even share here...all of it. Memories that are hard to even comprehend. Oh, how I wish that the everyday details would have been etched in my mind more than the awful things I saw that week. But there is another side to those memories and what I learned from this week is, that is what I want to focus on. We experienced some of the most amazing and some of the most spiritual moments of our lives that week and I hope we will never forget them. I'm hoping that this weekend as we think of the last days we had with our little boy that as a family we will remember those spiritual moments that testified to us that Wyatt is where he is suppose to be and that there truly is life after this one and we were blessed to feel a glimpse of what that will be like. That he misses us too and didn't want to leave us. And that we were blessed beyond measure with such great support from family and friends that we will be eternally grateful for.

I'm so proud of our family and where we have come and where we are today. Though we ache and will continue to ache for him the rest of our lives we have learned to live again and enjoy life again. We know that Wyatt is still a big part of our family and we are grateful for that. Though we will continue to have our hard days we can get through them. We have done it for 3 years now and we can continue to do it in the future. We will continue to press forward with a brightness of hope.

So my goal this weekend is to remember those amazing spiritual moments we had and to remember the joy he brought into our life. To be grateful for all the amazing friends and family that have blessed our lives. We will look forward with much anticipation to the day when we will get to see his smiling face again and we will love him, hug him and do all those things our arms and hearts ache to do now.

We miss you Wyatt, we love you! You will never be forgotten and you will always be in our hearts. We will never forget your contagious smile.:)



"Forever ours"

4 comments:

Susie Larsen said...

I love you Andrea!

larsen family said...

Thinking of you this weekend. I know Wyatt will be close.:)

Love Ya!
Jen

Hopeful Homemaker said...

I've been thinking of you all week. I hope that you feel the Lord close by as you observe another anniversary. Love you!

Randi Brook said...

Hi Andrea, thinking of you and your family today.....and thinking of Wyatt especialy...lots of love your way!