Sunday, November 14, 2010

Complete


You know that feeling as a mother when you go somewhere and feel like someone is missing? Well, I feel that feeling ALL the time. It's a feeling that will not go away for me. Because in reality there is someone missing...Wyatt. I remember so clearly when it wasn't like that. When we felt complete.

Last week we were able to go to our old ward we lived in before moving to our current location. It was fast and testimony meeting and an old friend of mine got up and talked about how complete their family felt having their last child number 12 come to their family. I instantly related to that statement because I felt the same way when Wyatt was born. I felt it for those 5 1/2 months that he was with us. There was a COMPLETENESS that we all felt. It was amazing and wonderful. A time I will never forget. D and I have talked about this many times. It truly was heaven on earth. Now, today I long for that complete feeling again. I long for the day when the feeling of someone always missing will be replaced with that wonderful feeling of completeness. Right now that seems like forever but I have hope for that wonderful day when Wyatt is in our arms again and the void that is in our life is gone and we feel complete again.

4 comments:

The Holland Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Holland Family said...

I heard a quote the other day. You know how I love quotes... It said: "Everyday is a lifetime without you." So very true. Thinking of you. Nicole

ps i removed the first comment because I got the quote wrong. sorry

Neener said...

You couldn't have put my feelings into better words. I am so sorry we have to feel this pit in our stomach, sometimes I wonder if it will ever go away. My heart aches for you too Andrea. Can't wait for that day we get to raise our babies again.
God be with you till we meet again.

Bridget said...

I love your new family photo (I liked the old one, too). It's amazing how fast kids grow.