Friday, June 25, 2010

Waterfalls

A couple of weeks ago we took a hike to see some waterfalls that only happen every few years. The Gunlock reservoir overflows and it creates these beautiful waterfalls. It was breathtaking. The kids had fun wading in the water and hiking around. I felt like we were in some tropical location like Hawaii. It was lots of fun.
I was trying out a new lens I got for Christmas on my camera so I took lots of pictures especially of the girls since they were with me most of the time. As soon as we got back to the car it started to rain...really hard. It was a fun Saturday spent as a family and always our hearts were missing Wyatt. I couldn't help but think of how hard this hike would have been keeping a 2 year old out of the water and safe. Oh, how we miss our Wyatt.














Tyler and Derek hiked to the top.












7 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

You have such a beautiful family! I love reading about all the fun things you do together and the memories you're making as a family. I'm sure that Wyatt is enjoying them himself, in his own way. I hope we can provide the same kinds of memories for our little family, too.

Eileen said...

What a cool place. Love your photos.

Teresa said...

Wow! Those pictures turned out amazing. What a beautiful place. Glad you were able to spend time together doing something fun.

Michelle Arnett said...

LOOOOVE the pictures!~ You are so wonderful. Hope you are doing okay. Loves.
Michelle

Neener said...

They are stunning photos Andrea. You have to tell me what lens you got.
The first photo is my favourite, did you photoshop it at all cause I love the waterfall how it looks like silk coming down the rocks.

drans007 said...

Tyler and Emily have already changed a little since we moved. We got to go to those same waterfalls the first year we lived there. It did feel like a tropical place.

Bridget said...

I love these shots! So beautiful.