Monday, February 15, 2010

A couple of projects



One thing I LOVE is finding other peoples ideas and then incorporating it to fit my needs. I've found some really fun blogs that give such great ideas. I love anything to do with organization. I found this organization board on a blog called "The Idea Room." She has a lot of great ideas. I've really wanted to get a little bit more organized with the kids schedules so when I saw a board similar to this I wanted to make one. I'm so lucky to have an amazing husband that can build or make anything I want him to. When I drew out what I wanted I didn't have a space for Wyatt. I just didn't see the need for that since he doesn't have a schedule of events. When Derek saw the drawing he said that we needed to make a spot for Wyatt. He suggested that we put some sayings on his spot that will remind us of things we need to work on or do. It was so nice to have him suggest this. So nice to know I'm not the only one wanting to keep Wyatt a part of our family. I'm so grateful for the amazingly talented husband I have. He has a definite gift of creating and building. I've spent some time the past couple of months making a few projects from the different blogs I've found. When I get some time I will post pictures. I'm so glad I'm feeling a desire to do these things that I love again. I wondered at one time if that would ever return.




Our family theme for the year.
Another awesome blog that I LOVE is "Make it and Love It." She has soooo many wonderful and fun ideas with sewing. This is one of the first things I made, a sewing machine cover. So simple but so fun. I changed it up a bit and made it reversible.
We have done some painting in the house as well. One of the rooms is this laundry room. I will post some pictures soon but until then I'm sure LOVING the Olympics. :)

9 comments:

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

I LOVE IT!! INCREDIBLE!!! I love that idea and your husband did an amazing job creating it. Thanks for sharing Andrea.

Lisa said...

I love it! Derek is very talented, and so are you! I also love the sewing machine cover--do you think it's easy enough for 4-H kids to make?

Jill said...

I love it! I want one of those organization boards! Allen will have to talk to Derek. :) Wish we could've seen you guys this last weekend. We want to make a trip down there soon. I can't take much more of this weather.

Robyn said...

Love, love, LOVE your projects! I we lived close, like when we were both having our first babies. I miss those days! I thought of you when I got my snowman out. Hope you are doing well. Love and hugs!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Wow! Your organization board turned out so great! I love the distressed wall cabinets too! I especially love that you included a spot for Wyatt's schedule...to remind you daily of what is truly important!

Jennifer Harrison said...

Andrea, I'm so happy to see you enjoying some of your talents again, and I'm glad Derek built a spot for Wyatt, too. As for sewing, don't get me started, it's one of my favorite hobbies! Love you and miss you.

Neener said...

Andrea it is stunning, so is your wall color and that wardrobe destressed furntiture beside it. Do you mind emailing me the dimensions I would love one of my own.
I didn't quite find the same thing on that website and I love yours. Thanks Andrea, take care.
Denine

Paparazzimommy_Dayna said...

Hi there Andrea-popping over from Summertime Designs and had to read about your lil Wyatt. He sure was a cute lil guy (i'm sure you are aware of that!) I love butterflies and as the only girl in a house with 4 boys and daddy, there isn't anything girly here...until I did my bathroom. It is all butterflies! I painted it a spring green and have butterflies hanging on the wall and on the mirror and a couple on top of my shelf in there. I don't think I will ever look at that room quite the same after reading your blog. I hope you don't mind, but I want to share your list of what to do/do not do after a death. I'm so sorry your family has gone thru something so tragic. But I love the way you include him in everything that you do.

Madison Matthews said...

I LOVE YOUR MAGNET BOARD!!!! How would it be to have that much talent. Does Derek have any intentions of making and selling? I think he should. I really want to see it up close. You are awesome.
Stephanie