Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wyatt's name in the sand


There is an amazing lady in Mullaloo Point, Australia that writes children's names in the sand that have passed away. She has also experience the loss of her infant son Christian. Today she wrote Wyatt's name in the sand. When I saw it I started bawling. I can't tell you how much that touched my heart...especially on mothers day. I've been waiting for a few weeks for this picture. I needed that sweet tender mercy today. You can click on the picture and it will take you to the actual site where she posted Wyatt's name and the message we attached along with the other 4,000 + names. I've attached a copy. So grateful for the act of service this lady showed to us today...on the opposite side of the world. It was an answer to prayers. I love the beach and I love sunsets. I will cherish this beautiful picture always.

I'm also grateful for the fields of dandelions I saw on my way to my parents house this weekend. I could have taken about 10 + pictures of fields of dandelions just like the one I posted on the "mothers day" post. I've never noticed these beautiful fields before. I now feel like that poem was meant for me to see, so I could appreciate these fields filled with hundreds of yellow dandelions. It gave me more "Wyatt moments" to experience. I also received a wonderful gift from my brothers family. It was a framed picture of some amazing butterflies from Ecuador. I feel like that was one of the "Wyatt moments" I was so hoping for on this mothers day. I will not lie and say mothers day was easy because it wasn't but there were many sweet tender mercies shown my way this day. I do know that Wyatt does love me and is aware of his mom.

Sunday, May 10, 2009
Wyatt Lewis Larsen

September 21, 2007 - March 13th 2008

We love you Wyatt and miss you each and everyday. We look forward to the day when we get to hold you in our arms again.

Love,
Mom, Dad, Tyler, Emily and Hayley
"We are a Forever Family"

The "Wyatt moment" my brothers family gave me. Thank you!

10 comments:

New Life in Utah said...

this brought tears to my eyes. so amazing. Happy Mothers day! your in my prayers

momof72nheaven said...

Beautiful and it took my breath away.

Natalia said...

It turned out so beautiful!! Carly wrote our boys' names on the 8th of May. I bawled. She is amazing. I hope you had a great Mother's day and really felt Wyatt close.

Jill said...

I'm so glad you were here for mother's day...even if I'm being selfish. ;) I want you to know how much I love you, Andrea. I look up to you in ways I can't describe. I hate that mothers day can be such a painful thing, but I'm so glad that Wyatt was with you that day. He loves him momma.

Neener said...

It is beautiful... I love the orange in the sky.

Natalie said...

What a sweet moment to have on mother's day, I know that mother's day will always be one of the days for you. I really admire how well you hold it together. I sure you are "paddleing like crazy" on day like that. Your kids are so blessed to have you as mom and thank you so much for your example to me. It was so great to see you again! Love you lots!!

Jen said...

That picture absolutely took my breath away. What an amazing gift that woman is giving--and you got it on Mother's Day? Honestly Andrea, Wyatt is working overtime to show you how much he loves you!

Robyn said...

Andrea,
What a lovely post! You are so, so, loved. Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to see pictures from hiking the Grand Canyon. I'm sure it will be filled with Wyatt moments and tender mercies. I love you!

Rachel said...

I visited that site as well and Carly wrote our Emma's name for us. I, like you, bawled when I saw Emma's name there in the sand. Ironically, Carly and her husband don't live too far from my husband's family and he'll be going out there to visit this July. He said he's going to go and visit that beach.

My heart and prayers are with you always.

Rachel
Emma Grace's mom

Em said...

Love it! What a saint she is and such a selfless person!