Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day

My "Wyatt moment" sent from my kindred spirit. Thanks Jen. :) It was also a phantom e-mail that came to both of us last week. Maybe our boys have access to the internet or something. We have no idea how it got to us. But I sure do LOVE IT! Simply amazing!

I'm so grateful for my wonderful, sweet and caring mother. For all she has done for me my whole life. She is amazing and I love her so much. I'm also so grateful for my mother-in-law. She is one of the kindest and most caring persons I know. I'm grateful for all the sacrifices they both have made for me and my family. So to these two amazing women...Happy Mothers Day on Sunday and thank you for everything! I love you both.

Mother's day for me as a mom since Wyatt died is not necessarily a "happy" day. In a way it is...I'm so grateful for all my children but when one of them isn't with me anymore it just hurts and it's hard. If Wyatt were a missionary serving somewhere far away I would be getting a phone call on mothers day. I would get to hear his voice and listen to all the wonderful things he was doing. I would get to hear those words "I love you" and I would get to say them back. I don't get that. In a way I feel like Wyatt is on a mission. I believe he has something important that he is doing on the other side for him to not be with us. Most likely teaching people the gospel. The hard part for me is I don't get to know what he is doing...what lives he might be changing. What people he is influencing right now. I don't get letters or e-mails updating me on how and what he is doing. I was telling Derek this the other night and of course crying and saying if he were a missionary here I would get to talk with him on Sunday. I would have that to look forward to but I don't. Derek gave me some hope and told me that maybe Wyatt in his own way will send a message to me. I'm hoping for something....anything. I saw this poem on a friends blog. I thought I would share. I'm not sure who wrote it. This is for all those angel mom's out there. Maybe this would be what Wyatt would like me to hear.

Dandelions From Heaven

Mothers Day is coming...and I wanted to send you a sign...
Something you can tell others..."Is from an angel of mine".
So I searched the Heavens high and low for that perfect thing..
And low and behold I found it....and a smile I hope it will bring.


So when you look to the Heavens...and see the yellow stars in the sky...
Just think of me...your angel... in the Heavens way up high...
And just imagine those stars...are dandelions up above...Yes!
Dandelions are also in Heaven...,which you know how much I love.


So on this Mothers Day... when you awake and feel blue...
You will notice those yellow stars...are no longer in view...
So just look to the meadows and the dandelions you see....
Are the ones I've tossed down this Mothers Day from me!


And when you find a dandelion that has turned from yellow to white...
You're supposed to make a wish...and then blow with all your might.
For you will be blowing kisses... to me in Heaven above....
And I will be catching them and blowing them back...sent with all my love.


Please know that I am with you...on this Mothers Day...
And also in the days ahead...God and I will never stray...
We will be with you in the morning...when you wake and see the sun..
We will be with you when you say your prayers...when the day is done.


For God and I will never be...very far from your side...
For I can now be everywhere...and God will be your guide...
So...remember when you see dandelions...its your guarantee...
That I am always close to you....For dandelions are free to roam.....now just like me.


I will always be with you Mom....Happy Mothers Day

Love, Your Angel in Heaven.



8 comments:

Lisa said...

I pray that you will have lots of Wyatt moments this Sunday!

New Life in Utah said...

I wish you all the love... I love the poem it is amazing Gidget

Jill said...

That's a beautiful poem. Wyatt has yet to leave you alone during these special days. I'm sure mother's day will be no exeption. You're a wonderful mother Andrea! I'm so glad I get to see you this weekend!!!! :) Love you! Happy mother's day to Wyatt's mom!!

Jen said...

I still don't know where that email came from, but I'm grateful for it. Every mother's day we celebrate is one closer to the one we'll share with our boys.
Love you,
Jen

Madison Matthews said...

Andrea I know that you will receive the Wyatt moments that your eyes, heart and mind yearn to get. He is there watching over you. Thanks for sharing.
Steph

Marc and Megan said...

Andrea, thank you so much for sharing that poem. It is beautiful. And, also for the other thoughts you expressed. It's hard to hear people compare losing a child to them going on a "mission" because it is a lot harder than sending an adult child away for two years, with weekly contact. But, I hope for both of us that we'll receive our own sweet moments of assurance that those on the other side aren't nearly as far away as it sometimes feels. Love you lots!

plaidspolitics said...

I hope you get your message. If the heavens open and you have the chance to hear from him, could you tell him to remind Dominic and Bridget to call their mommy, too? I know people mean well to tell me that they're sure our children are with us, but when you can' t feel it, sense it, it is hard for it to be satisfying. We'll get through this occasion, and someday we'll have much greater occasion to rejoice in or reunions. I have to still believe.

Neener said...

That was lovely. We saw a rainbow on Mothers day and it made my day. My kids made me a beautiful neclace with each one of my kids birth stones attached to it and Tanners was in the middle.
We sure look forward to our "moments" don't we.
Love ya lots.