Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter pictures

I got my camera out today and looked at the pictures on it and realized I hadn't posted these ones from Easter. I'm not sure why I didn't take any of the kids in their new Easter attire but I did take a few of the Easter egg hunt we had in our back yard. I decided to not take my camera to the cemetery Easter morning. I guess didn't feel the need to take pictures of that special moment as a family.
As I posted before, Easter has such a greater meaning to our family. We had a nice time at Wyatt's grave Easter morning. It was a beautiful spring morning with birds chirping. A lot like what I would imagine it being on resurrection morning. After eating our breakfast the kid snuggled into their blankets while Derek and I talked about different things. It ended up being such a neat and spiritual experience. We sang "I know my redeemer lives" and we discussed how important the true meaning of Easter is to us more than ever. We talked about how wonderful resurrection morning will be and how it might be like when Wyatt is resurrected. We talked about many gospel principles and especially about the gratitude we have for our Savior. We had a nice little breakfast picnic read our "love one another" slips and just enjoyed being together talking, learning and remembering. It was one of the most spiritual Easters I've ever had. So grateful for the hope of the resurrection when I will hold Wyatt again.

Hayley is always changing into dance clothes...or some other interesting outfit.




Easter egg hunt

It's hard not to feel sad during these moments knowing how much fun Wyatt would be to watch as he would be running around and picking up eggs. Or if he was like my other kids finding one and opening it and being content with the one egg. Oh, it's hard not to wonder what he would be like as an 18 month old and it's even harder to realize I won't find out until a long, long time. I miss him each and every day. Some days are harder and more intense than others. I know it won't just go away some day. I think it will continue to be hard. I will always miss him and wonder what things he is missing out on. As I think about these lost moments I also have to realize that this is the time for my other kids. I don't want to lose out on their stages in life. I'm enjoying them so much and I'm so grateful for them and the joy they bring into my life.

Hayley going to preschool on her bike.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Cute pictures and even cuter kids. I'm so glad your Easter was so beautiful.

Hannah has the same bike as Hayley (of course!)

Amanda Stevens said...

Hayley is soooo beautiful!

Marc and Megan said...

Such adorable photos, Andrea... which really means you have the most adorable kids! I'm so glad your Easter was filled with spiritual moments. Your description of your morning at the cemetery was beautiful... just a glimpse of the glorious day that awaits. Love you lots!

Jill said...

I love the pictures. Hayley looks darling in those last few. I'm glad you had a spiritual Easter. I haven't talked to you in far too long. Know that I've been thinking of you. Love you!

Neener said...

Lovely pictures especially the ones of Hayley on her bike. Take care, love ya lots.

Elyse said...

Good to hear that you had such a special Easter. I LOVE Hayley's hair in the last 2 pictures. What a doll!

Julie said...

I am so glad your Easter was so nice! What a neat thing to do! I also am so grateful for Easter and all that it means to us! I have no doubt that you will be holding baby Wyatt again someday! Your kids are beautiful! And I love the little picture of Hayley riding her bike to school! What a beautiful girl!

Natalie said...

What fun pictures. Hayley's hair is getting long. I wish we lived closer to eachother!