Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fall 2011

 For Fall break this year we stayed home.  One of the things we did was set a tent up in the backyard and pretend we were camping.  The girls had a lot of fun.  We watched movies at night as a family in the tent.  We also roasted marshmallows and made smores,  Ty didn't see the fun of sleeping in the tent probably because he has been on too many scout camp outs so he slept inside but the girls thought it was fun.  They slept in it 2 nights.  Once with me and one with Derek.  Not the best nights sleep but hopefully the girls will remember it.  They especially loved having Macie sleep with them in the tent.

Another thing we did this fall was go up to Pine Valley to enjoy the pretty leaves.  What a beautiful time of year.  I love seeing all the pretty colors.
Pine Valley Chapel.  Love this building. So pretty.  I love white and I love white picket fences!
This branch was a tender mercy for me.  One thing I really wanted was some fall leaves to put in our entry way and for some reason I didn't get any when we went to Pine Valley.  One morning I was looking outside in our front yard and there was one branch on the tree that had changed colors.  I knew at that moment it was a tender mercy meant for me to enjoy inside our house.  Which I did!

No comments: