Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Girls camp

Last week I had the opportunity to go to girls camp with the young women in our ward. I have to admit I wasn't all that excited for it because camping is really not my thing but it turned out better than I thought. I'm glad I went and I'm grateful for the spiritual experience I was able to have. There is something to be said about staying in the mountains that I feel closer to my Heavenly Father.

One of the highlights of the week for me was the faith walk. I found much symbolism in it and I felt like I got a glimpse of what Wyatt may be watching as he sees his family go through life. We were blindfolded and had to go through a ropes course in the moutains. At the end of the faith walk we as leaders got to greet the girls with a "Welcome Home" and a big hug. I just had to think that is exactly what Wyatt is going to get to do with each of his family members. Such a lucky kid. All in all it was a good week. I was worn out when I got home and it's been nice to just chill at home for a few days. I don't have permission to post the pictures of the girls which I took lots of but I did take a few of the beautiful surroundings that I got to enjoy for a few days. There were also lots of butterflies there which gave me many Wyatt moments. Love that!


Right outside our tent....love the Aspen trees and green, green grass. Oh, so beautiful!


So grateful for this beautiful earth we get to enjoy.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I agree. I definately feel more spiritual feelings when I'm out in nature. I think it just leaves me in awe. Why do you think Allen and I like to camp so much? :) Pretty photos. You've got the bokeh down! Don't you love the 1.8?! Looks great!