Monday, July 12, 2010

4th of July



Here are some pictures taken on the 4th and 5th of July. Hayley was actually requesting that I take some of these pictures so I couldn't turn that down. So, yet again there are a ton of Hayley. I was able to get Tyler to sit for one picture which is a miracle.

We had a fun 4th and 5th of July. We were able to go up north and spend it with family. We had a bar-b-q at my parents house on the evening of the 4th and then did some backyard fireworks. Lots of fun! On the 5th we got together with some dear friends of ours and enjoyed a relaxing morning at the park. After that we were able to spend the rest of the afternoon with Derek's family celebrating his mom and dad's 50th anniversary(forgot the camera..my bad). We went to chuck a rama and to a movie. It's always a treat to spend time with family. It was a fun and eventful weekend and hopefully a memorable one for our kids.

Hayley in the slide at the park.
Met our friends at this park. I LOVED the flags placed in the shape of a star. I took a zillion pictures of the flag. So grateful for our flag and what it represents.







The 4th of July for me would not be the same without cherries. That is what we did every year for the 4th of July we worked in the orchard. As a child I didn't enjoy that. I wanted to go to the parade and fireworks etc. But we always had to pick cherries. Grateful though for the lessons I learned from picking cherries. We did get our 2 oldest up early on the 5th so they could pick a few cherries for us to take home. It made me wish we had an orchard so they could learn the valuable lessons I learned from being raised on one.



She is such a poser sometimes.

Picking raspberries...she loves my parents garden!

Dancing with cousins


She has always had a LOVE for swings. This is one of the greatest swings in my parents backyard. So fun!


The miracle shot...Tyler doesn't usually let me take his picture.

This is a little photo shoot I did with Hayley. Loved the red chair.









No comments: